86 suburban project

coreys88burban

Adventurer
saved this, almost to the crusher 86 suburban, the driver window is broken, tailgate window is busted, key is broke off in the ign. needs interior parts..LOTS of work.. originally half ton now 3/4 ton with i believe 410 gear (check later on) and LSD.
as you can tell it needs a lot of love but its just for camping and hunting so its perfect for what i need it for. plus after all the hard work itll be MY OWN truck i fixed not just a fixed up truck i bought that someone else did!

6" lift, pair of LED lights up front and 35's
plans for now are paint job, change to black interior, new tailgate, winch and some stuff from ORD..shocks, HD shackles,steering brace, ect ect

0225151639.jpg

0225151634.jpg

11016556_10200310741608291_1377622916_n.jpg

first thing i did when i got home:
rip out the old sagging decayed "headliner" prob order some fatmat (dynamat) later on

0225151630h.jpg

old interior blue panels are aged.. so
Cleaned em up and painted them black (yes overspray i know lol i dont care .. trucks getting painted)
0302151356.jpg
0303151533.jpg

dash is ratty! but comes with a girls number written on the dash lol
0225151630d.jpg
had a dash mat in the backseat... painted the dash and put it on
looks a bit better..
0226151653.jpg

paint jobs just going to be rustoleum with a roller.
sanded it down and thin coat of body filler where needed and primed..
0305151709.jpg

Attachments

• 0225151630b.jpg
    0225151630b.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Nice thing about these old beasts is you can do damned near anything to them without regret or hesitation. Drill, cut, paint whatever you like, it's usually an improvement.

Did you use the old school dye product for the door panels, or some new 'fusion' paint, or just plain paint? They look good.

coreys88burban

Adventurer
Nice thing about these old beasts is you can do damned near anything to them without regret or hesitation. Drill, cut, paint whatever you like, it's usually an improvement.

Did you use the old school dye product for the door panels, or some new 'fusion' paint, or just plain paint? They look good.

Used the Dupli-Color Vynil and Fabric Dye from auto zone. didnt think it would work very well but it did surprise me..

rayra

Expedition Leader
That stuff works great, been around for decades, they've got it right. I used it to turn some beige vinyl door panels to black in a Chevy Luv circa 1981. Just be damned sure to use it in a well ventilated area.
The first wear you'll see is in the kick panel area of the doors where your boot soles hit it. But touching it up is easy. It's a good inexpensive solution.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Corey, this is just toooooo cool.:cool: Kind of reminds me what my truck was like when I bought it. Did you try calling the girls number on the dash? Also, why did you sell you other Burb? I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this machine. Cheers Chilli...:)

coreys88burban

Adventurer
Wow:Wow1:Corey, this is just toooooo cool.:cool: Kind of reminds me what my truck was like when I bought it. Did you try calling the girls number on the dash? Also, why did you sell you other Burb? I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this machine. Cheers Chilli...:)

Thank you and other burb I drove it to look at a well taken care of/stored iroc (one if the last ones made, litterally like the last 600) and dude had to have it so traded him..it was a better suited car for me

coreys88burban

Adventurer
Got the 3rd coat on today.. Doing 3 more

0308151836d.jpg

0308151835b.jpg

Also traded the 12" subwoofer that was in the back seat today for a center console that actually locks suprisingly.. And a new window

coreys88burban

Adventurer
0316151932a.jpg

turned out alright. going to wetsand it all soon and buff it. then clear coat

also did the bumpers and mirrors in the same color i did the wheels (gunmetal) still need to do the handles.

removed the bumper gaurds and moved the LEDs to the top of the bumper

picked up a new transfercase for it and old one is out long with the trans. hopefully not too much longer before i can find a used trans for it.

0310151614.jpg
removed the sway bar and removed the carpet gettin read for bedliner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998