90 Dodge CTD build(pics)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well got a small update

A while back i redid the rear spring an block situation, no I still havn't got the shackle flip on yet.

Anywhoo, I pulled my old springpack out and built a new one and got rid of the stacked blocks in the rear. I removed a 3" block and dropped the rear of the truck an 1" and a half.

Before
l_a05acd5ca84344f6919cdf20db2d7505.jpg

After
Dodgepics179.jpg

Dodgepics177.jpg

Dodgepics180.jpg

Dodgepics183.jpg

Dodgepics182.jpg

Dodgepics191.jpg

BTW we are getting ready for a 1300 mile trip this weekend to Indiana and back for another 1stgen get together and I'm also picking up another diesel garden tractor that I bought out of New York and had a buddy bring to Indiana.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Got some electrical issues figured out had a bad Diode in the alt so I swapped that out with a fresh one, I also put a MOPAR blue Voltage regulator on also. Now I have no voltage drop at idle and no voltage surge from a crappy regulator. I have also been doint some steering stuff. I just put on a new drag link and Tie rod ends will be next followed by a king pin rebuild.Also planned is new calipers and pads in the front and New shoes, drums and hardware in the rear. If the weather holds for a few more days I might pull the VE off and reseal it also.

I had the original injectors Cleaned and popped today too for the 90. 1 Tip had to be replace but thats the way it goes. Hopefully it will clear up the terrible hazing issue I've had. Oh yeah and it only cost me 50 for that. I had Brian Banghart of Banghart Diesel service pop em for me.

93W350085.jpg

And heres just a couple "pretty" pics I snapped while I had my camera handy today.
93W350076.jpg

93W350077.jpg

Revco

Adventurer
************** truck. My first diesel was a '92 Reg Cab 5spd Cummins. It was 2wd, but it was a damn good truck. Dyno'd 342/841 at the wheels with simple mods like injectors, HX35/40, pump tweaks. I miss that truck.

Rot Box

Explorer
Looks good. A healthy set of injectors makes all the difference :bike_rider: Out of curiosity do you know what the pop pressure is?

When I bought my Ford the PO replaced injectors as they went bad and he didn't bother to match the codes (IDI's have different code injectors throughout the years for different pop pressures, and spray patterns)... You can imagine how bad that ran with them all popping off at a different psi :Wow1:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I don't imagine it ran very good. The early 1stgens and later 1stgen also had different spay angles hole size and count also.

VE injectors are supposed to pop at 245 bar which is just shy of 3600psi.

Anywho i got the injectors put in but the slight miss came back that I had when I pulled em out Both me an Brian are perplexed as to why though. I did some tinkering yesterday a swapped a few out that I thought were suspects and it helped but it the miss never totaly went away. Brian said bring em back and we'll figure it out. The other full set is back in now.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well Today since it was in the lower 60's (we don't get many of those days in January here) I figured I'd dig in and try to sort out the front driveline vibe issue i had for a while. Well I found out what it was! I had originaly thought I had a front output bearing goin south on me and when I tore it apart to find out I found that the front yoke was loose and the splines were worn pretty bad. I have had to tighten the yoke a few time before but have never actually pulled it off to inspect it. Anyway I just happen to have a real nice yoke on a 241d (that will be swapped in at a later date) So I pulled it off cleaned it up a bit and slapped it on there. Now I have no wobble of the yoke on the outputshaft. When I had the front prop out I figgured that it would be a good time to beat a new u joint in on the axle end( I just rebuilt the CV this spring) I usually run Spicers but after reading that the cross is made in China I may have to look elsewhere for joints, Might have to start buying Neapcos.

I also put together a new set of tire chains the other night.

old yoke
dodgepics009-6.jpg

dodgepics011-6.jpg

dodgepics007-7.jpg

dodgepics008-7.jpg

dodgepics017-3.jpg

New one
dodgepics012-6.jpg

dodgepics013-5.jpg

dodgepics019-4.jpg

dodgepics020-3.jpg

dodgepics022-2.jpg

dodgepics021-2.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well Me an my buddy Dan went out a cut up a couple loads of wood to get through the rest of the winter. Figured it'd be a good time to snap a few pics.

dodgepics033.jpg

dodgepics034.jpg

dodgepics035.jpg

dodgepics036.jpg

dodgepics037.jpg

dodgepics039.jpg

dodgepics040.jpg

dodgepics041.jpg

dodgepics042.jpg

dodgepics043-1.jpg

dodgepics049.jpg

crusem

Thanks, That opens up a whole new world for me. I have been Leary of the Cam locks because I had never used them.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well, Looks like I'm takin an impromptu trip in the 90 to Idaho to go grab a truck for a buddy. He just picked up a clean 85 Suburban.:Wow1:

I'll try to take a couple pics.

Be back Thursday:smiley_drive:

Rot Box

Explorer
Well, Looks like I'm takin an impromptu trip in the 90 to Idaho to go grab a truck for a buddy. He just picked up a clean 85 Suburban.:Wow1:

I'll try to take a couple pics.

Be back Thursday:smiley_drive:

It isn't by chance an 85 with a knocking 6.2 in Rexburg by chance is it? If so swing through Cache Valley and I'll buy you a cold one :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78