'90 Mercedes 917 Camper Build

DzlToy

Explorer
I looked back through the thread, but did not see this posted, so apologies in advance, if I missed it.

What are the interior and exterior dimensions on the XP box?

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Walls are 1.5" thick. so 8'X15' minus 1.5" on all 4 sides.

I looked back through the thread, but did not see this posted, so apologies in advance, if I missed it.

What are the interior and exterior dimensions on the XP box?

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Holy crap guys. Delivery date is coming fast. It has been a long 14 months! Just putting the final touches on the interior!

Keyne

Adventurer
Saw the XP Camper pics of the interior just posted on Facebook. Congratulations it looks really nice. What are the travel plans?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Saw the XP Camper pics of the interior just posted on Facebook. Congratulations it looks really nice. What are the travel plans?

Saw it too. Looks really clean.
But did I read that correctly; ~$150k for this cabin "including outer under mount storage boxes" ???

UpperCrust

Building and Learning

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Wow!
I love it.
How high is the internal headroom?

More pictures of the overall truck please

DzlToy

Explorer
I am pretty sure that the shell was purchased from XP and the OP finished everything else himself, thus saving the $$ that he would have paid to XP to build a complete RV box.

Fit and finish looks better than many factory built RV's I have seen.

:beer:

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
DzlToy,

XP Completed the whole thing. It was a learning experience with trial and error which took about 15 months. I am so excited for how it turned out but what sucks is I have to go right around and sell it! We did not expect to be adding twins to our family when this build started and there is just not enough room....

I am pretty sure that the shell was purchased from XP and the OP finished everything else himself, thus saving the $$ that he would have paid to XP to build a complete RV box.

Fit and finish looks better than many factory built RV's I have seen.

:beer:

Wyuna

Observer
DzlToy,

XP Completed the whole thing. It was a learning experience with trial and error which took about 15 months. I am so excited for how it turned out but what sucks is I have to go right around and sell it! We did not expect to be adding twins to our family when this build started and there is just not enough room....

Thats got to hurt, awesome having the twins, but it changes a lot of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998