'91 Pajo, build thread

1stgenoverland

Adventurer
Been on the Portal for just over a year now. Started out with a sweet old SFA toyota 4runner. But time and wear played havoc with the engine and it was shortly replaced with a 1991 genII pajero. Ive now owned this truck for the last two months and am just starting on my collection of parts and ideas for it. Today I replaced the front wheel bearings and tightened up the torsion bars three turns. (Full revolutions) New Bearings tightened up the front end a bit and I didn't notice much height with the torsion bar adjustment...Back out with my 17mm wrench tomorrow I guess. Few more items on the list to tweak before she's mechanically perfect again. I bought a bolt on tow hitch. It replaces the original Factory something or rather tow point. Its quite the hitch and Im sure its going to work very well.

IMG_0122.jpg

next on the list is new rear shocks and coil springs if I can find a set.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
Welcome to the Monty club! I had a Tacoma before buying my Monty & still have an 87 T4R sitting in the driveway waiting for some attention. Would like to see some pics of your Monty.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Just thought I should mention....I have a GenII pajero/montero. So I'm looking at buying ARB constant load springs for the rear and a set of torsion bars for the front.

My bad. I read 91 and thought of the Montero which is 1 year different than the Pajero (a 92 Montero = 91 Pajero) so I automatically assumed a Gen I.

1stgenoverland

Adventurer
IMG_0145.jpg

Well yesterday my new shocks finally came in. Bounced my way down to the store and picked them up...i was sure excited...(hmmm shocks seem a little long) Well I today I finally got the time to install them...For heavens sake...They are to long. and not only that...They have a completely different mounting point for the top mount then whats supposed to go up there. Pro Comp Shipping department FAIL. Believe it or not. In Canada they have the Pajero listed in there catalogue. Well...Next days off Im going to take them back into town and get my money back...Then Im going to do what I should have done in the first place and get Old Man Emu Shocks and Constant Load Coils. That will Fix that. On a good note...I just torqued up the torsion bars today to level the ride out...Looks good. Can't wait to get those 33x10.5 R15's on there...BFG's? Does anybody have another suggested brand...they have to be 10.5" for sure

Clem

Adventurer
As far as I've been able to find there are just the BFG AT & MT's and Toyo MT in the 10.5". Hope one of the other more knowledgeable guys will chime in too.:sombrero:

HTH

Clem

1stgenoverland

Adventurer
Good new everyone...I have a snorkel on its way, a set of locking hubs and some new tires coming soon as well....Im going to go with the BFG MT KM2's 33x10.5 R15...I also have some OME Rear coils, Front shocks, and rear shocks in the works as well...Gonna be one sweet truck thats for sure.

IMG_0160.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12