'93 F-350 4x4 w/ 35" tires?

gmacmt

Adventurer
Oh yeah, the guy in sacramento? He has michelin xmls in 325/75/16(?) that look pretty awesome too.

Hmmwv wheels are definitely steel. Did you buy some 16.5 goodyears? Those have a pretty bad rep. The 16.5 wheels are basically free with the tires.

justcuz

Explorer
100dollarman is up in the Victorvile area.

No did not buy the Goodyears, I think those were bias ply not radials if I recall.

I got old white spokes, mags and 12.00 16.5's I had on my 3/4 ton Chevy before I took the lift kit out of it.

I'm old now and loading stuff into a lifted truck is nuts, so I took the 4" lift kit out, went with 285/75x16's on Ford Alcoa aluminum wheels. I use factory 1 ton 3 leafs up front now.

Paul B.

Adventurer
So, I'm finally back working on this thing. It has changed quite a bit. But still the same issue with the tires. I assume with Ford's stated spec of 0 offset equals 3.5 -4 " back spacing on 7-8" wheels. I cannot seem to find wheels with LESS backspace. Went to 4 wheel parts in Redondo Beach. They went full bore to sell me wheels with 4.25" backspace, saying it would solve the issue. When I told them, OK, but if the tires still rub on the front leaf spring, I won't want to pay. Then they said they have no way to guarantee that. My initial search for wheels seems they mostly have stock offsets and backspacing.

If someone can point me to the right place to buy the new wheels, I would be greatly obliged.

Paul B.

Adventurer
So 4 wheel parts has ahreed to do a "test fit" one a wheel with 4.25" backspace. I'll let you know what we come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12