93 Montero Build Thread

Bulmynjo

Heres a bit of an update. Last time i took it out, i broke the mount the goes on the trasfercase. Looks like it was installed incorrectly to begin with so i bought a new one and filled in the space with window weld, that hard glue that they use to seal windows. Its much more responsive with that stiffer mount. I recomend you all to try it. The difference is wonderful.

aaron@retrofix

Nice find. I recently bought a 93 SR same paint as yours 3.0L and rear locker.

What tire are you planning to run? Also, what are you going to do for fuel with the new turbo and/or do you plan to run the factory ecm?

Good looking out :)

Bulmynjo

Nice find. I recently bought a 93 SR same paint as yours 3.0L and rear locker.

What tire are you planning to run? Also, what are you going to do for fuel with the new turbo and/or do you plan to run the factory ecm?

Good looking out :)

For fuel, im going to use the 3000 turbo engine injectors, using a Megasquirt ECU for fuel and spark control.

I want to get 33s for offroading and get a spare set of rims for highway driving with some mild all terrains or even al season tires.

Bulmynjo

Wow... im speechless... So i went to Gorman on the July 4 weekend. https://youtu.be/qo8u9oGnPTc One week later noticed a small gear oil leak in the rear, thought it was a seal... BUT IM WAY WRONG!!!! THE DIFF CASING IS CRAKING!!!!!
FJg6XVH.jpg

WHAT HOW WHEN WHY!!!

Bulmynjo

Diff case was fixed, thank god for certified welders. Did a 2 inch body lift on the cheep, 12 Zone Offroad 2 inch spacers, 60, and 12 grade 8 bolts and nuts from Home Depot, 35.
Almost done with turbo manifold, taking longer then i thought. Will need new intercooler, removed all the AC related items. Old compressor shreaded itself before i even got my hands on the truck. In order to fix ac, i would need EVERYTHING!!!! Compressor, Condenser, evaporator, dryer, lines, and my first born child. Too much $$$ for me. i never had a car with working AC and dont need it.

PacS14

Adventurer
I had to replace my ac compressor, expansion valve, etc, seal it and all, replaced the wire to the fuse box because the old one was fried, I wish I was in a place where AC is not needed, here AC is a must especially with leather seats. Nice build man I will follow it.

Bulmynjo

Done. Projectors in place and working great. Halogen bulbs being used temporarily. HID being delivered.
tBvEym6.jpg

RKDzefU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998