94 Disco, sell or part out?

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I am trying to decide if I should part out my Disco, is there a demand? Should I just sell it. It runs great but has the typical leaking PS pump and oil leaks. I don't think I could get much above $2k for it. I was planning on taking the front seats and using them for rear seats in my 130 crew cab. My gut tells me to get what I can for it and just sell it. Any thoughts? Any buyers:sombrero:?

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Parting out a vehicle can be a lot of work. More than you think...After parting a few series trucks, I'd say just sell it and be done with it.
Jason T.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Sell it whole, and use some of the money to buy some replacement seats. Unless you have most of the parts spoken for before you take the first one off the truck it'll be much more headache than most realize, and you're have a hulk of an eyesore sitting there.

James86004

Expedition Leader
If it runs and drives, sell it.

I am parting out a Range Rover Classic, and it is a lot of work. It has been 3 years since the engine died. I probably could have sold it as-is for $500. I have made about $2000 in 3 years from the parts off it. I have also worked enough to get the parts off and put them on ebay or elsewhere that I probably made $8 per hour when it is all said and done.

Oh, and I have some nice, leather front seats for sale ;)

James

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Parting out a vehicle can be a lot of work. More than you think...After parting a few series trucks, I'd say just sell it and be done with it.
Jason T.

I parted out a series truck that I picked up for $500. After parting it out I made just over $2000. Parting a series truck is a much easier proposition than parting a Disco. A series truck just needs a 11mm wrench and your good to go.

Selling it seems to be the way to go, I just needed a push over the edge. Thanks to all.

Miles / Interior / underhood photos???

When do you need it gone by?

Dang, youngest son was just in your neighborhood to pick up a nice white one...he could have brought them both home!

No, see if you buy it it's halfway home....for me :)

...set secret evil plan into motion......

Oh, Noah still has a drivers license.....I don't know how oftten he uses it ;)

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Start posting it, Kevin... seems like there is some interest.Can't hurt.
I'm at the fire station right now, when I get home
I'll talk with my wife and see what the time line is for selling it. Right now I drive my 130 every day and the Disco gets out maybe once a month, but it is kind of our back up car. Our plan is to sell it and buy a Honda CRV AWD, keep the 130 and keep our Honda Pilot. We dont need more than one rover, been down that road too many times before.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
While driving in downtown LA today i stopped to run a few errands in East Los Angeles. As I turned the engine off I noticed smoke emitting from under the hood. Grabbed the fire extinguisher and popped the hood. Fire was spreading from the steering box area to manifold and motor mount. Pulled the pin on the extinguisher and NOTHING:Wow1: Grabbed a bottle of drinking water that has been rolling around the rear seat and doused the flames. Let it cool down, walked down the street and finished my business and bought a new fire extinguisher for the drive home. Made the 15 mile drive home without further issue. Now I am really set on getting rid of this truck.

This may have changed my mind about selling it. I dont feel too comfortable about selling a truck that bursts into flames. I may part it out now. Or does anyone want to buy a slightly singed Disco?

JSBriggs

Adventurer
Its all about teh marketing. Try 'FIRE SALE'. You might also be able to entice someone from the rust belt if ifs been a CA car all its life.

-Jeff

Edit: that being said, if you part it, Im looking for a 5th Castor, ill trade you for a never used spare on steel 5 spoke....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998