Well, impulse buying got me today

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I have been shopping BMW F650GS's pretty hard - but I am a new rider and don't want to drop a ton into a bike until I know I will ride it, enjoy it, and it's worth the $ to upgrade. I found a rough 650GS for $4500 but then, today - I saw it - a 1999 Triumph Tiger - and had to have it. I don't know what it is about British stuff... after four Rovers you would think I'd learn... Anyway - it is in really good shape - started right up after sitting for a while - and did not exhibit any signs of damage. I have included some pics - It set me back a whopping $3400.00 Just did not think I could go wrong. I hope you folks will agree - or if you don't - would be kind enough to blow smoke up my skirt so I can sleep.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Looks great!
I don't know much about prices, but $3400 seems pretty good to me...
Have fun!

safari.gif

PS....I know what you mean about impulse buying. More on this later.... ;)

bootzilla

Adventurer
:clapsmile

Very nice. I even like the color. I don't know much about pricing for Triumph's, either - but any solid bike for $3400 sounds like a good deal to me. Totally dig the bags, too.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
bootzilla said:
:clapsmile I don't know much about pricing for Triumph's, either - but any solid bike for $3400 sounds like a good deal to me. Totally dig the bags, too.

That's what I would say too....

Post lots more pics and do some trip reports so I can live vicariously through you until I can make my own impulse buy...which unfortunately won't be so impulsive...or anytime soon.....

So like I said, more pics, ride reports.....

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Congrats on the Tiger. I had a 05 but sold it to a friend of mine a few months ago, one of the only bikes I regret selling. The triple is sweet, tourque like a twin but smooth like butter with some hp up top. Depending on the mileage, condition, etc. I'd give you your money back on it if you decide it isn't for you. The triumph motors are bullet proof, keep oil and gas in it and ride it till the wheels fall off. Happy trails!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the input fellas! I'll take some better shots when I pick up it Monday or Tuesday. It has about 19K miles on it or 2400 a year. Does that sound right for the year? I'll probably put 19K in the first 6 weeks, weather permitting. :shakin:

805gregg

Adventurer
Good price on a great bike. I was staying in San Juanico BCS and here comes Jim (whom I meet in Reno) on his Tiger, he is 62 and a small guy but rode his Tiger all the way from Reno to San Juanico and in the north road (100 miles of dirt) solo.You will have fun on that bike and the triple cylinder is much better than a single.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
SOCALFJ said:
What a beauty. Congrats. Im staying clear of all bikes while out impulse buying!

Oh come on! You know you want to go look at one of these, then let your impulse guide you....:roost:

20.jpg

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sounds like you got a great deal on a clean bike!! My main riding partner has a 2001 Triumph Tiger....great bike! It's taken tons of abuse through Mexico and the US and has never even given a hiccup...

I'd suggest a Touratech engine "crash bar" package....makes these things easier to pick up, and really does a good job protecting the motor from damage...

BTW...the speedo and tach are not waterproof....If you put 'em under water they'll short out....you'll have to ask my buddy sometime how we found that out....

Congrats on the new bike....some new TKC 80 tires and you're set!!

-H-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior