'96 4runner lift???

Spahle

Observer
I'm looking to get new suspension for my '96 4runner. I don't do many hard core off road trails, more car camping and exploring Arizona's back country. I want something adjustable so if I put a heavier bumper on I can compensate. Right now I'm running 265/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains that I need to replace also (prob with the same maybe bigger?) What is everyone else running on their rigs??

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Putting on something adjustable (coilovers) might be overkill, both for performance and expense. You should just get a good suspension set from OME or www.sonoransteel.com and call it good. IF you ever end up getting a bumper, you can just get a set of front springs for pretty cheap.

Check out www.trdparts4u.com for OME stuff or www.sonoransteel.com

Tire wise, you should just stick with the 32's. I have BFG KO's 235/85/16's (also 32's) and do just fine for car camping and a little bit of exploring. 33's would demolish your MPG's and I don't think you'd benefit from it. But then again, I don't know what your definition of "Arizon's back country" is.

Westy

Adventurer
I'm looking to get new suspension for my '96 4runner. I don't do many hard core off road trails, more car camping and exploring Arizona's back country. I want something adjustable so if I put a heavier bumper on I can compensate. Right now I'm running 265/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains that I need to replace also (prob with the same maybe bigger?) What is everyone else running on their rigs??

I would recommend contacting Steve @ Sonoran Steel. He builds lift systems for your model of 4runner and they are top notch. The best part is that is that he is local (Tempe) and is very knowledgeable when it comes to the 4runner and Toyota 4x4's in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78