96 Monty SR Build! Slowly but surely.

Dereksd

Adventurer
so I've had a Monty for a while but im just now getting serious about doing something. so this is my "slowly but surely" build.

Dereksd

Adventurer
This is when I first inherited the Monty from my sister who didn't care if it fell off a cliff and disappeared image.jpg
And this is after I've had it for a good 6 months and have given it some good loving for image.jpg

Dereksd

Adventurer
So far it has received a nice wash, trashed the running boards(Crap), took out the jump seats(no use), put LED's on my dash, dome and backup lights, got a 23 inch led light bar(eBay), weather guard mats, cloth seats because leather gets torn to bits, trashed the mud guards(make the ride look higher) cranked T-bars 2 inch or so and a nice fresh spray of black paint on the bump guards up front and on the front slid plate. Voila

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Dereksd

Adventurer
image.jpeg used my locking rear diff earlier today for the first time just climbing around some places. Those things are made strong! :safari-rig:

Dereksd

Adventurer
did a large switch in my car by changing basically every inside light and backup lights with brighter LED bulbs. works magic! ill post pics tonight

Dereksd

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg so I got some pics of the ride now. The dash is blue, the front dome lights are blue, bright backup LED lights my cargo light is white and my courtesy lights are white. Overall it looks sweet

Dereksd

Adventurer
About a month ago I managed to obtain some cloth seats out of a 94 I believe. Guy was real nice and gave me a sweet deal of about 130 bucks for every single seat altogether. Not a scratch or tear on em. Even the cushions are in good shape. Loving the Monty community. THANK YOU RANDOM HOUSTON MONTY OWNER.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dereksd

Adventurer
If you didn't mind losing the heated seats then sounds like a good deal!

Mine didn't have heated seats and I live in Texas where it's always hot so yeah not a problem whatsoever! Wonder when they started putting in heated seats though :drool:

midwestracer

Observer
I just bought another montero the addiction is on a 99 this time with heated seats im in kansas so will be nice during the cold of winter

Dereksd

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpg

Cleaned the ride today (even though I'll probably be having fun with it very soon)
Hoping to put in a new timing belt along with a water pump over the break. Anything else non expensive to replace??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger