96 SR Montero fuel pump questions

At1Maverick

Hey all, I've looked online and couldn't seem to find whether there is an access hole through the floor board on a 96 SR or not.

And could someone please post a link of pic of the fuse box diagram, please. Thanks in advance!!

BEG

Adventurer
If you fold up the third row and roll the carpet up (You'll need to remove a couple of seatbelt bolts) you'll see a black cover plate bolted to the floor. These bolts are open to the elements below and are made of cheese so be gentle when you remove them. Once off, you'll have access to the top of the tank. The fuel sending unit is on the left and is held on by 3 nuts, IIRC, and the fuel pump is on the right held on by 6 nuts. The studs are part of the tank and this whole area tends to be very rusty (might be just fine in NV) so, again, remove them carefully.

At1Maverick

Well, it was pretty nasty, pump was really rusty, I will be draining the tank as well before installing a new pump. BTW, I had a tough time loosening the feed line from the pump to the metal line, I realized the fitting on the pump hanger doesn't spin,but the fuel hose side does, is there a trick to it other than disconnecting it in both sides?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman