97 Tiger build thread

1speed

Explorer
This won't happen overnight but I thought I would start with the bike as it was when I got it home. Tires were pretty worn and street oriented anyway. Chain and sprockets were shot. Wheels were pretty gunky etc.

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

Last edited:

1speed

Explorer
97 Tiger build thread, Stage 1

New TKC80's and heavy duty tubes. New K&N air filter. New K&N oil filter and Motul semi-synthetic oil. New chain and steel sprockets. Good general cleaning and waxing. I'm waiting on a taller windshield and Hepco-Becker crash bars. Also found nice serrated metal footpegs hiding under the rubber pads!

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Last edited:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Holy Smokes that it is one SWEET looking bike!

Err... I mean... sorry about that pile of brit parts you're stuck with. If you are looking to get it the heck outta your way I could probably help.
:bike_rider:

Atticus_1354

Adventurer
That is a beautiful bike. I have never looked at triumphs before and I think I will need to make space on my wish list now. Of course I should probably get my motorcycle license first.

1speed

Explorer
Since the factory paint wasn't as good as it looked in the pictures, I thought I would paint the Tiger a more Expo'ish color. Originally this was to be a base color for some type of desert style camo. After I got the base color on it looked so good I thought I'd leave it like this for a while. It's Rustoleum "Fossil" satin paint. Once I decide what to do permanently I will clear coat it so it will last.
PC100002.jpg

PC100007.jpg

Also added MSR aluminun CR high bars.
PC100006.jpg

Rox bar risers.
PC100010.jpg

MSR hand guards.
PC100011.jpg

Hepco-Becker crash bars, moved the Stebel air horn from the blinker down to the crash bar and added a SW-Motech centerstand.
PC100009.jpg

Last edited:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Great paint job. I've had my eye on a trump as well. The tigers are a great bike that can be had at some low prices these days.
Keep updating! I love it!

jerdog53

Explorer
:yikes: but i liked it better red........ but then my Cagiva it red and that may have something to do with it..

1speed

Explorer
jerdog53 said:
:yikes: but i liked it better red........ but then my Cagiva it red and that may have something to do with it..

I'm not a huge fan of red, plus the graphics were a little over the top for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior