98 Jeep ZJ "SHTFV"

88Xj

Banned
How about some pics of those oh so lovely rig:) show her off man, you did an amazing job on this rig. Seeing it is always a pleasure

Recce01

Adventurer
How about some pics of those oh so lovely rig:) show her off man, you did an amazing job on this rig. Seeing it is always a pleasure

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliments!

Here are a few that bring back good memories!

Treasure hunting in New Mexico....

9145023420_6c57cc08b1_c.jpg

9146800024_3881611c32_c.jpg

9144486151_ac27306b3e_c.jpg

9146649728_a57a8ec33d_c.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Love that jeep..!
Side note, why the shovel over a spade? I'd think a pointed digging tool would be easier? And wouldn't mounting it blade to the rear on the rack maybe be less wind collecting? Just curious. :)

Hondakilla98

Great rig, one of the reasons I joined this forum. I've got the same lift and I've been very impressed with its flex for a short arm setup.

prinzparsival

Hi,you seem to know a lot about the Accutrail.
I bought one on a flea market,but the back cover is missing.
A silly question : does that back cover contain parts which are necessary for the functioning or is it just a simple plastic cover ?

Recce03

Ki6MRT
That's good. Would be nice to catch up sometime. I could use some inspiration on a couple things too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GCRad1

Adventurer
Yea, Recce01 has been trotting around Death Valley again... Come on with the trip report so we can dream some more!!!!

xjman88

Adventurer
Hey man nice to c u on here. Its been awhile. The zj s lookin good man. Mines kinda slowed in progress. She got used alot this past summer and fall. I also spent alot of time on my new M416 trailer. I have some plans for mine come spring. Cant wait.

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
I have seen a LOT of ZJ builds, and built a few myself. VERY impressive build, you should certainly be proud of what you've done. My ZJ currently is on long arms and 35's, and is used for a combination of some harder rock crawling and towing an M416 for the expedition type stuff. I am on the lookout for another ZJ as my unibody is pretty much shot. Even with the lighter wheeling this is something that will show up eventually, I think Ted Z pointed out some of the rear bumper issues earlier in this thread. Also, another area of issue to keep an eye on is your short arm suspension system. The mounts are notorious for peeling off of the unibody, resulting in a very undesirable scenario! If you haven't already, I would start looking into long arm systems. Yes they absolutely perform better and are designed a bit more for the more technical trails, but the main reason I upgraded to long arms was dependability and not having to worry about my control arms mounting to the weak unibody. My preference is Clayton's long arms, and they include a rail that runs between the front and rear mounting points to distribute the load across the unibody. On my next ZJ, I will use Clayton's again, but strengthen the unibody from bumper to bumper to hopefully avoid this issue.

And I know it has been brought before as well, but you really need to make it to Grand Slam West! Next year will be the 18th year we've had the event. There is a lot of the harder trails offered, but still plenty that you would feel more than comfortable taking your ZJ on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78