98 Land Cruiser 100 series 88k miles

MrGoldman

For Sale
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser - 88k miles
$29,900
Located in Lakewood, CO
The Story
This 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser is a true time capsule with only 88k original miles.
It lived the first 21 years of its life in Aspen, CO, stored in a garage, and used only in
the summer time as a vacation vehicle. Don’t worry though, the property manager
started it every week in the down months.
I purchased it with 73k miles on the odometer in March of 2019 and immediately
performed a full service. Since then, all the modifications and maintenance listed
below have been performed. The vehicle recently had a full detail and is ready for it’s
next caretaker.
*If you are the type of person that does not feel that modifications, especially tasteful
ones, add to the value of the vehicle, then this is probably not the one for you. I have
priced this vehicle with consideration to the depreciated value of the aftermarket parts
and the incredibly low mileage. This is a true turn-key adventure vehicle that should
easily last another 200k miles or more without much trouble.
The Vehicle
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser (aka 100 Series Land Cruiser)
2UZFE V8 Engine
Automatic Transmission
Full-time 4WD with center diff lock, low range, and factory rear differential lock
Imperial Jade Micah exterior paint (Green with metallic flake) in excellent condition
Grey Leather Interior in excellent condition. No stains, rips, or notable damage. Non-Smoker.
Service History
Prior owner service history - Dealer maintained. All OEM parts and fluids utilized during this
time period. Brakes were replaced at 60k.
Purchased at 73k - All fluids changed including engine oil, coolant flush and fill, automatic
transmission service, transfer case, front and rear differentials, and a full flush, fill and bleed of
brake system. Serpentine belt and tensioner replaced with OEM parts.
Every 3k Service - Engine oil and filter change. Grease driveline.
Every 10k Service - Air filter change. Differential fluid change.
82k - CV axle boots leaking. Entire CV axle assembly rebuilt on both sides with CVJ upgraded
boots.
Upgrades and Modifications
Suspension
• Intentionally left very simple for reliability and comfort as a daily driver/ weekend warrior
• Front: Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks with Ironman Heavy Duty Torsion Bars and control arm
reinforcements. Provides 2” total lift.
• Rear : Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks with Ironman Heavy Springs. Provides 1.5” total lift.
Armor and Recovery
• Ironman front Bull Bar
• Apex 12k lb winch. Brand new. Never used.
• Factor 55 Fairlead and Flatlink-E Hook.
Wheels and Tires
• OEM 16” Alloy Wheels
• (Five) 285/ 75 -16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Load Range E (10k miles on tires)
Tent, Awning and Roof Rack (Yes, they’re included)
• Alu-Cab Gen III Expedition Roof Top Tent
• Alu-Cab 270° Shadow Awning
• Rhino Rack roof rack system
• Alu-Cab cross bars
Electrical, Air, & Water
• Custom dual battery system utilizing parts from Off-Grid Engineering and Blue Sea Systems.
• Northstar Group 34 AGM battery (starter battery relocated to passenger side).
• Northstar Group 31 AGM battery used as auxiliary on drivers side.
• Dual voltage meter in cab
• Switch-Pros SP9100 auxiliary switching system
• Xantrex Pro-Watt 600 Inverter
• Auxiliary USB ports in cab
• Blue Sea auxiliary fuse box in cargo area with Blue Sea switch panel
• ARB CKMTA12 Twin Air Compressor
• Front Runner 42 liter water tank and Flojet 2.9 gpm water pump plumbed to real hose and
sprayer nozzle.
Storage and Refrigeration
• Dobinsons rear cargo drawer system with wings
• ARB 63 qt Refrigerator
Auxiliary Lighting
• Baja Designs Squadron Pros - combo pattern - mounted on bumper
• Baja Designs Squadron Sports - amber combo - mounted in fog location
• Rigid Industries 20” spot single row LED lightbar - mounted on bumper
• Rigid SRM reverse lights - mounted in rear bumper
• KC Cyclone dome lights and rear hatch lights
Other
• Sony XAVAAX210 Double DIN touchscreen head unit with satellite radio, bluetooth, Apple
CarPlay and Android Auto
• TYT Dual Band 50 watt mobile HAM radio with Diamond antenna.
• Snorkel
• Custom tailgate cutting board
The Bad and the Ugly
This is a low mileage, well maintained Land Cruiser with a ton of modifications… but it’s not
perfect. It was built to be used and thus, has minor dings, scratches, and associated wear.
This list is complete to the best of my knowledge. These are all cosmetic issues. There are NO
KNOWN MECHANICAL ISSUES OR DEFECTS.
• Minor scratches on passenger side rear bumper
• Scuff on driver’s side rear bumper
• Dent in hood
• Grey trim on side of vehicle is faded - will be wrapped with black vinyl prior to sale
• Minor paint chips on hood
• Small one inch puncture in interior trim panel - rear passenger door
• Dents in side steps from rocks on trail
• Alu-Cab awning zipper separated for approximately 6 inches. Repairable with sewing skills.

Dropbox link with 55 photos:

Attachments

• title shot.jpeg
    title shot.jpeg
    708 KB · Views: 680

landman

Good god! That is an amazing rig! Considering how rare your LC is (in good condition), its milage, and its mods - I say the price is spot on. Good luck. The right buyer is out there.

LWilliams

Hello MrGoldman,
Your vehicle has been selected for possible inclusion in the Classifieds section of the Expedition Portal homepage. I would like to reach out to you to get more information. Can you dm me your email address so I can ask you some questions?

RoverGS

Amazing! At that price point and I had to choose from a Land Rover D90 and this rig, it's hardly a choice at all. Great job. Very well appointed and in amazing condition. GLWS!

tamoneyc

You should put this on ih8mud for sure. I would seriously consider bring a trailer or cars and bids as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger