A Beautiful 40-series To Drool over...

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Thought the 40-series Lovers among us would like to see this beauty. Only wish I had better pictures.

My friends shop where I'm working on a build had what I can only describe as the CLEANEST, most sano restoration FJ40 I've ever had the pleasure of seeing up close The smell of the canvas top was so amazing it gave me flashbacks to digging through Granddads old WWII kit as a child. I just think it's nead to see what a legendary truck like this would have looked like rolling off the assembly line/dealer floor back in the day cause I've not only never seen one this STOCK I've never seen one this clean aye...

I'd love to be able to have one like this for "sunday drives" or classic Runs aye... She was magnificient!!!

Cheers

Dave

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
My friends shop where I'm working on a build had what I can only describe as the CLEANEST, most sano restoration FJ40 I've ever had the pleasure of seeing up close The smell of the canvas top was so amazing it gave me flashbacks to digging through Granddads old WWII kit as a child. I just think it's nead to see what a legendary truck like this would have looked like rolling off the assembly line/dealer floor back in the day cause I've not only never seen one this STOCK I've never seen one this clean aye...
Dave

beautiful...not quite a resto, but close ;)

zimm

Expedition Leader
this to "retro" overdone for my taste. im sure theres bondo. pffft, and look at those tires.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah "Resto" may have not been the correct term aye. it's just a really clean re-build of an old truck. And surprisingly Zimm... No Bondo!!!! At least not in the key/typical areas. In the interest of full disclosure I forgot to ask if this was a replacement/Aqualu Tub, but it had "weathered" number plates so I may have just mistakenly assumed it was the original. The sheer fact that it's straight and not full of body filler makes me wonder now though.

Anyone know if that is one of those "Middle Eastern" tops (not sure if they have a proper trade name)??? I don't think I've ever seen slide-up glass on canvas doors before that I can recall. I'm so used to these trucks either having replacement Soft-tops or no tops at all I rarely get to see an old Classic brought back to life like this.

Glad you guys enjoyed seeing it, sorry my photog skills were a bit lacking, the blur is making me nuts hahahaha.

Cheers

Dave

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Pretty sure this is the retro build FJ40 that was built by Shane at Metric TLC? Concours d'Elegance winner as I recall. Very clean body was utilized, powdercoated parts as I recall? Seat covers look like his stuff. Very nice rig, not a true resto but a very nice rig still.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Pretty sure this is the retro build FJ40 that was built by Shane at Metric TLC? Concours d'Elegance winner as I recall. Very clean body was utilized, powdercoated parts as I recall? Seat covers look like his stuff. Very nice rig, not a true resto but a very nice rig still.

I'll have to ask about the Provenance (thanks for he lead/back-story info too, that's cool that you recognize it). It was at Land Cruisers NW here in Portland, run by some buddies of mine, but I didn't ask who did the initial build. I was too busy taking shaky pictures and smelling the interior to absorb much info... I believe though that it was a new purchase by a guy who'd already thought he'd found "perfection" in a restored 40 that turned out to be a complete basket case just under the surface... I saw that truck too and it did LOOK beautiful but once you got in close the lumps started to show... This one... not so much ;)

Cheers

Dave

DenCo40

Adventurer
Despite some criticism in previous posts, I think its a super nice looking rig. I would be proud of it.

fireflyr

Adventurer
That's a nice Fj40. My '67 came with a hard top but I elected to source a soft top from Pakistan (Paki top) but wasn't able to find doors. When I was redoing my '40 I went with items that would make it more drivable: F.5 engine, disc brakes, 4 speed etc. I wanted the look but not the limitations of the original. He went with a 2F, which is a much better engine than the original F motor. I could never get used to sub 5 psi oil pressure at idle on my F.

When I got it:

fj40cage.jpg

After ALOT of work:

fj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears