A few days roaming Gran Sabana, Venezuela

DarioCarrera

Adventurer
Thanks for that link. I'll look into in it. Im not much into guitars lately. I used to play a few years back, but Alvaro Falcon's name rings a bell in my jazz & Blues Memory bank...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
I was fortunate enough to travel through the Gran Sabana a few years back. We drove from Valencia to Canaima with 3 Land Cruisers and some great friends. While in the area I got to see Angle Falls and visited Kavoc. I hope to see it again!

DarioCarrera

Adventurer
I was fortunate enough to travel through the Gran Sabana a few years back. We drove from Valencia to Canaima with 3 Land Cruisers and some great friends. While in the area I got to see Angle Falls and visited Kavoc. I hope to see it again!

Awesome. The road to Canaima is no joke. You got to to something spectacular and very unique.

Here are a couple of videos of the road to Canaima for the rest of us who havent done the road to Canaima.

http://youtu.be/59ahADHU-3g

http://youtu.be/lWt-hN_4cXU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Dare I ask what the problem with tourism and Venezuela are? I was thinking it would be one of the better countries in SA to visit"

Visually and friendly wise yes its an awsome country
-

The main one is the lack of toilet paper !
:Wow1:
-
oh and I suppose the lack of food and the insecurity currently at probably its worst point ever:)
-
My wifes venezuelan, we have not been back as a family for 4ish years, the wifes been alone and we've shipped the family to us, but myself and my daughter have not been back due to the situation.

Both myself and my daughter are obviously not locals.

Even when we were living in Colombia next door, we presently feel its not worth the risk

We live in hope that one day soon things get better, but the bus driver has the oil money and a q of people with pockets to fill.
--

I'd go back just to compete again in the Funrace !

-
Now if you popped in overland from Brazil and explored the Gran sabana you'd probably have zero issues, as your far from the cities where a majority of the security issues are more visual and the food suplies would be comming from Brazil
-
Travelling in a large group is going to get you noticed, but your unlikely to meet a an equivalent size group of robbers...

Finding safe places to stay and guides to direct and help you stay out of know bad areas would be key to a succesfull visit.

I'd happily go back.....just by choice not right now...I can wait.

-

mach1dsg

Very nice pictures chamo, they bring good memories, been there twice cuando era mas carajito :)
Great to see you guys can still enjoy that beautiful land over there. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78