a first for the Conqueror....

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I was on my way down the NYS Thruway hauling my Conqueror Compact for a family get away in the Adirondacks last weekend when I see a couple passing me staring at the trailer... I don't think anymore of it but when I stop for gas, the girl comes "running" over. As all y'all with one know, you start the talk, "It's South African and ....." when she stops me. I know she said, we just got back from South Africa, they are everywhere there.... we chatted for a few moments but the gas pump line was backing up. Just a funny side note.

A couple of pix from the trip.
090509podC.jpg

090709podA.jpg

XJBANKER

Explorer
I like that photo on the water. It makes my weekend of working on my kitchen seem even worse.

I have yet to have anyone know where the trailer is from but you are correct that everyone stares and my wife is mad that our stops at gas stations take longer than they should do to the conversations that come up and I am a talker and have a hard time being quiet.

Honu

lost on the mainland
we had a couple come up to us when camping on the coast as they had spent a long time in SA and were familiar with the trailer :)
had a good time chatting with them :) its a cool kinship kinda thing

WMac

Adventurer
We too had a couple stop us at the Grad Tetons this last July. They were curouis how I obtained one here in the states. He stated that there are a few nice trailers in SA. but by far the Conqueror were the best.

I have nothing but great things to say about our Conquest.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
or the introverted...

I love the fact my wife knows the Conqueror story so well, she can give "the talk" when people come asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior