A Free SPOT!: Exclusive Holiday Offer

DaJudge

Explorer
cybercat said:
Just ordered mine today. The special still applies.

X2...Stu and I work together and when he was done he handed me the phone and I received the same deal!

Mav

Observer
cruisertoy said:
I totally missed this. Who can i call monday to get in on this deal?

If you really want to get one then I would suggest ringing the number in the add and asking for it nicely. I think you will find you will get one as the idea is to enhance the number of users in the USA.

A big credit to SPOT who have honoured the deal to my friends and family here in Australia even though this was a US only deal. A big thanks to Exped forums for it was through being a member of this forum that swayed SPOT to extend the deal to me.:D :D

EricGagne

Adventurer
Personally I'm quite disappointed. The people at SPOT who said would call me back never did. The 2nd person I talked to told me if I don't hear from them I should contact their customer service department which I did.

My question ended up bein handled by SPOT Canada who simply replied that the deal "appeared to be only for US current customers" and that the current promotion in Canada is the 50$ off.

I'm still gonna get one of those next year as I think it's a great product but my first good impression of their service is gone. A company shouldn't tell someone who wants to become a customer that they're gonna call him back on something and then not do it.

Sorry to post some negative in this story but I'm disappointed by how they've handled my case.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
EricGagne said:
Personally I'm quite disappointed. The people at SPOT who said would call me back never did. The 2nd person I talked to told me if I don't hear from them I should contact their customer service department which I did.

Sorry to post some negative in this story but I'm disappointed by how they've handled my case.
Hey man, it is what it is - if they dropped the ball then its not your fault and you are relaying facts to other potential customers. I personally had a different experience but that doesnt mean if I got the rep you did I wouldnt have had the same experience. As long as its truthful I say keep the post there and dont apologize for it.

cruisertoy

Explorer
I'm crossing my fingers at this point to seem if they will still do the deal for me. I talked to a sales associate that was very nice and will call me back of there is anything they can do. I have an ACR personal locator beacon just because at the time, the parts of Alaska that I go to were not covered by spot. It looks like they have updated them and I will get good coverage in where we go. I'd also like to glue the spot to my father when he goes out hunting so My mother quits calling me to go find him and see if he's still alive.

DaJudge

Explorer
cybercat said:
You really think what you do is work? :cow:

Maybe I should rephrase this, using the word "work" may have been too strong?

Stu and I are employed by the same people. :)

For everyone else: Call them, you will never know if they will give you the same deal without asking!

sboada

Observer
Call 408.933.4537 and ask for Raquel. This who who I spoke to and she was very helpful in getting the deal for me.

Good luck

DaJudge

Explorer
Got mine today and already have it up and running! This is fun! (and of course potentially life saving)

Glen

cruisertoy

Explorer
Gale hooked me up today as well. Very nice to work with and very interested in what where I was going to go with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12