A great Week in Summit Colorado!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
This happened a while back but I am new to the site, so please bare with me!

The event was put on by a website (www.myrover.net) and a few friends and I set it up!

Base camp Location: Lake Dillon, CO
Time Spent: Aug 11- 19, 2006
Trips made: Most of us were local to Colorado but we did have one from McKinnley, TX and one from Lima, OH make the drive up!

Day 1. - Today was the arrival day for many of us. the camp was Located at Prospector Campground in Lake Dillion. We set up camp and went into town to get items left behind or forgotten. We also were awaiting others to show as they came from other areas! We basically hung around the camp/town BSing and what not the first day/night!
IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

(THIS IS GONNA BE BROKEN INTO SEGMENTS)

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 2 - This was the first day in the week for the trails. We waited at camp for a few to join us for the day trip and went out from there. Today was a simple easy day we did McCallister Gultch to get out and enjoy some views. We took our time but there was a few mechanical issues along the way. We had 2 range rovers overheat.. and later on the return trip one coil went out! But we got everyone home safe and had fun that night!
IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7043.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 3 - Today was a BEAUTIFUL trail day. We did Webster Pass to Redcone and back. I would recomend this to anyone who wants to see how beautiful CO is. Got a late start around 10 or so but we did pick up a car or 2 more! Redcone does have a steep downhill to it but it is not as bad as what the rumors I heard said it was!
IMG_7052.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

red1.jpg

laedme.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 4 - Today we did Wheeler Lake, well most of it.... There was a bad storm as we neared the top. With it being above timberline and there being a lot of lighting we decieded to turn back down... only about a 1/4 mile away from done! But it was the right choice! I have since done the trail all the way!This is a beautiful trail that a mostly stock rig is capable of doing... I would recomend it! Also on the way out park at the bottom and look around Magnolia Mine, it's pretty neat!
IMG_7097.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7129.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 5- HOLY CROSS. This trail is NOT for a stock rig. I really enjoyed this trail but it took us about 6.5 -7 hours to do it. There are many harder obstacles but the views and drive are amazing. There was carnage on this trip however, I did blow a power steering line, and there was a Toyota that broke a Lightforce and ripped of exhaust when he slipped into a bad spot. Holy Cross City was fun to hike around though! The hardest part was French creek, if you can make it across that you are fine!
IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7199.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 6 - we took today as a break day. A day to sleep in relax, see the tourist sites, repair rigs, bike ride, You name it. It was a good refuel kind day!!! Sorry no pics!

Day 7 - Today was a nice easy day. We did a trail called Lamertine mine which is located outside of Dumont, CO. This is the same area as Spring Creek for those that are curious. The trail was easy but offered great views and good times talking and looking around.
IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7214.jpg

IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7223.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Day 8 - This was the last day of wheeling. So we chose a trail that was more difficult but nothing crazy... This is a nice trail, HOWEVER the entrance to it(there is a bypass) is not for the faint of heart it is not only steep but also off camber, do not attempt if you are scared of either!
IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

IMG_7259.jpg

Last Night- We all went into the town of Breckenride had had dinner at Bubba Gumps to celebrate the good times!!!! Talked hung out... just had a great time...... (sorry no pics)

Day 9 - Returned home. Not much to say other than I didn't want to leave but I had to!

Go here for more pics and vid. Hope you enjoyed...
http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11673

Mercedesrover

Explorer
IMG_7043.jpg

Been there, done that. Boy, I sure don't miss my RRC!! It needed grease fittings on the hood hinges. Great truck when it was running, though. It just wasn't that often.

Nice photos though. Looks like a great trip. Been a while since I've run the trails out there and I really want to go back.

Jim

CYi5

Explorer
Very cool man! Someday i'll make it out to CO to wheel. I love that light blue Rover, looks like you guys had a great time!

7wt

Expedition Leader
That looks like a blast. Great pics! I too want to make it up there for a wheeling trip one day.

cbmontgo

Observer
That looks awesome! There's a slim possibility that my job may transfer us to Denver in 2008. I would love to get into Colorado wheelin'.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
cbmontgo said:
That looks awesome! There's a slim possibility that my job may transfer us to Denver in 2008. I would love to get into Colorado wheelin'.

I will show you around if you like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior