A leap of faith as a Subbie Doer

jronwood

Adventurer
Welcome to the Subaru world. We currently are without one (three kids, not enough room) but we have collectively owned 10 or so. Incredible vehicles!! Once I convinced my MIL to get one, she too has fallen in love (live in snow country, and elderly). MIL has now had 3 of them, she likes new things every so often. I owned my first one (a 1981) 20+ years ago. I have asked them to do some amazing stuff. pulling, hauling, road trips, etc..... Subarus have never let me down.

I have pulled trailers with many of mine. I currently have a 5'x7' tilt trailer from Lowes with a tractor trailer style tarpuline I had custom made. Light. weather tight. Dont really use it anymore, just for hayrides around our property and such. Built custom oak side boards and had the tarp guys put the industry standard aluminum bent tarp supports. It is the right size/ weight for a mini van or small SUV. As I always say about my ole Subarus, we keep the "Utility" in Sport Utility.

Enjoy, they are awesome, Jronwood

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
The only reason I jumped in to the deal was the reputation of the car. It's not the fastest car I've owned, it doesn't have the best mpg, it's not the most luxurious car I've owned nor is it the most capable off road vehicle I've owned, but considering all the qualities it does have, together with it's reputation for longevity, it's one of the most versatile vehicles touching on many favorable aspects and I'm very pleased with the old buggy. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12