A new '92-15 Ford E-Series/Econoline front bumper option

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Looks great, I want to know the cost too!

In my opinion the bumper looks better on the earlier van. Once MG gets some real tires under that rig it will look better ;)

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Looks great, I want to know the cost too!

In my opinion the bumper looks better on the earlier van. Once MG gets some real tires under that rig it will look better ;)

I have to agree with you. I like the looks of the ARB on the older van vs. the newer. I'm trying not to let it bug me...I don't want to design my own front bumper right now. :)

As for costs...
-$1420 for the bumper with shipping
-$87.40 ARB 6821201 Fog Light Kit For Deluxe ARB Bumpers
-$126.61 ARB 5100150 Sahara Bar Accessories (rubber bumpettes)
-$295 plus shipping Adapter brackets (either body style, powdercoated with hardware)

'08+ body style
-~4 hours to trim top edge and relocate internal braces
-Depending on winch chosen, there may be more custom fab work involved.

'07 and earlier body style
-~4 hours to trim top edge, trim internal ribs and relocate internal braces
-~4 hours to reshape ends of bumper to fit wheel well

Finishing
-This is going to be largely dependent on your powder coating vendor but my guy had the previous finish burned off, then the bumper was sandblasted then primer base then finish coat.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I have to agree with you. I like the looks of the ARB on the older van vs. the newer. I'm trying not to let it bug me...I don't want to design my own front bumper right now. :)

As for costs...
-$1420 for the bumper with shipping
-$87.40 ARB 6821201 Fog Light Kit For Deluxe ARB Bumpers
-$126.61 ARB 5100150 Sahara Bar Accessories (rubber bumpettes)
-$295 plus shipping Adapter brackets (either body style, powdercoated with hardware)

'08+ body style
-~4 hours to trim top edge and relocate internal braces

'07 and earlier body style
-~4 hours to trim top edge, trim internal ribs and relocate internal braces
-~4 hours to reshape ends of bumper to fit wheel well

Finishing
-This is going to be largely dependent on your powder coating vendor but my guy had the previous finish burned off, then the bumper was sandblasted then primer base then finish coat.

Thanks guys. I think it looks smart on the '08+, just sticks out a bit further.
Thanks for posting that pricing layout MG. Gives some good perspective. So for about the same price, maybe a smidge more than the Aluminess(if you're paying a fabricator to make the small mods. If you're DIY then you'd be about the same as Aluminess), the well-engineered and sexy ARB bumper can be put on the E-Series now. :wings:

85Chevota

Has anyone put an ARB with grill guard on a 90s body style? Trying to decide between an ARB and a Trail Ready but I want to make sure I can fit the full grill guard on the ARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998