a new trailer on the block

Accrete

Explorer
Hi there, i saw this in the recent PopSci and had to check it out, very cool and might go well behind some of the smaller expedition vehicles. I have no affiliation with them, just thought it was a cool idea.
http://sylvansport.com/

Here is a quick picture from the website, sorry for the extended size, all others are in a flash video:

content.jpg

: ) Thom

snipecatcher

Adventurer
hey

That thing is pretty neat. Seems like it's better suited for national parks and such with paved roads though with those donut tires. Still a neat concept with it being only 700 pounds.
-Dan

durango_60

Explorer
Wow, I really like so many things about the concept, but they will need to make a HD version for me to ever consider one.

Section 8

Observer
HEY! Someone STOLE my idea! :victory: (maybe it wasn't cracked to begin with)

Anyway, my plan is to get some experiance with a simple trailer (and inexpensive) before I go and try something like a true expedition flippy flop Australian style mobile tent condo.

Its basically an offroad utility box trailer that I bought a pickup box tent to size it to. It will have a bed surface just under the top edge of the trailer side with the storage underneith, and a top (unfortunatly this will have to be removed to set up the tent) with a rack system for bikes and the ocasional Kayak. If it ends up being campable, I would like to cut some holes in the side and install some drawers.

THe biggest consideration is that I live in an apartment, and what I have in mind has a removeable tongue, and can stand on its back bumper against the wall in my parking spor allowing me to pull my TJ into my parking spot.

This is much more refined and "liveable", particularly for more than 2 people, than my mobile yurt. My intention was a bed off the ground and not much else, as I am satisfied with the rest of my camping gear (a rooftop tent on a trailer would be perfect, but to much for me to spend without any kind of experiance).

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Section 8 said:
.................... before I go and try something like a true expedition flippy flop Australian style mobile tent condo.

I like this discription for the KK type trailers! It fits. :clapsmile

Maybe instead of using KK, I'll change and start using EFFASMTC. :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears