A question for Chris (UJoint) about Duals

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
Chris, I’m hoping you see this here and can respond. You were already gracious enough to respond to my email about recovery points but I figured I’d ask the next question on the Portal, so others can share in your wisdom.

Ive been watching your new rig posts and noticed your motor homes mostly use stock rearwheels and run 255/85r16 on them. What’s the usual width of these wheels? Do you run a spacer? How much gap is there between the tires?

Thanks!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
They're 6" wide, we don't run a spacer, no gap. Spacers add complication and would require body trimming/mods on some RVs. We've had 0 issues with the tires touching on any of the rigs we've done here which is a lot. And, they've been in all conditions. Road, sand, rocks, across the country and to Alaska/etc.

We prefer the Toyo MT because it's the narrowest of the 255/85s available and we feel this is the safest and most reliable setup for these RVs.

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
Thanks. I wish I’d seen your vids a little sooner and thought to ask. I went with 235/85R16. That was already a step up from the 225/70r16s that were on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998