A Question of Bumpers

rathvona

Observer
So I'm purchasing a 3rd gen 4Runner pretty soon and I'm curious about good quality front and back bumpers (preferably swing outs) for under
$700-800 each. It can be tube, plates, whatever. Also winch compatible. The less $ the better but quality is also important.

Your knowledge is appreciated

Thanks,
Austin

aontkos

A swing-out is probably going to be hard to find in that price range, at least from what I've seen. You may be able to have something simple fabricated for that price- that's what friends are for.

As for front bumpers, the guys at Badlands (up in WA) may be your best bet. Also, if you have a 4 Wheel Parts near you, then you can always have a Tacoma ARB delivered to the store for free. Shipping is a deal breaker with these heavy items.

I'm in the same boat right now since I am a grad student and I'm trying to outfit my truck for a post-graduation trip. My budget has definitely helped me to prioritize!

Bighead

Adventurer
I don't remember there being any new rear bumpers for a 3rd Gen with a swingout or without that fit your price range. You might get lucky and find one used but that's about it. Some of the vendors I remember that did make them for a 3rd Gen with swingout are Shrockworks, CBI, Armorology and Rockware.

For front bumpers you will probably need to look at the "high volume" manufacturers like ARB or TJM for your price range. Most of the custom builders are out of your price range for a new one.

rathvona

Observer
What are you graduating from, I just graduated from high school last year. Working my *** off to get a truck.

jgilbreath

Observer
Cheapest swing out rear bumper is the new hybrid from savage, just over $1000 right now. Price will go up soon when intro discount expires some time this month.

You can get a front bumper from 4xinnovations for $800 shipped during black Friday sale.

They aren't cheap but shrockworks has good bumpers and they commonly have either 15% or 20% group buys posted on t4r.org. the wait time is very long, but they allow you to pay half at order and other half when delivered. Makes it nice to spread out the big chunks of change.

Also addicted offroad has package deals with front, rear bumpers, and sliders. There is a tube package and an HD package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998