A return to the full size realm: ‘94 Bronco

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I guess I’ve been “sort of” full size still with a 2019 Tundra on 35s and a done up Sequoia, but all that Toyota reliability is soooo boring!

I remedied that by picking up a ‘94 Bronco EB. I believe it’s a 5.8 with 3/5s of an E4OD. That means I have 1, 2 and R. No D or OD. I do however, have most of the electrical stuff working and rust. 3 of 4 wheel openings have rust through, as does the rear of the rockers and a coil bucket.

There are definitely a list of things to fix, but if you’ve looked at the prices of these Broncos lately, getting a running, driving, working 4x4 with most things functioning OBS Bronco for under $5k is not common. I paid $1,500 for this one. I’m not planning to go crazy, but looking to get the trans sorted out (might be solenoid related as seller said the top 2 gears worked intermittently before they checked out for good), probably a 4” RC lift to replace all the main suspension components in one go, and 35s. Body patch panels will be welded in as well.

If any of you Ford guys know of a place to get solid Bronco info that actually gets some traffic, I’d love to hear about it.

Photo of it on the trailer when I loaded it up on the side of a dark highway in the middle of nowhere:

What it looks like in my head:

Last edited:

toddz69

Explorer
As @devilstang noted - fullsizeBronco has the most traffic. I'm also a big fan of gofastbronco.com but traffic there has been almost nonexistent the past few years.

Todd Z.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
$100 says there is a bronco group on Facebook with plenty of members and activity. I have been decreasing my time on EP for Facebook groups because there is more information and more posts and it's all specific to "x" group. My Facebook now is like the F150 group, F150 overland group and Raptor Swapped group with the occasional Ex girlfriend post.

epyonxero

$100 says there is a bronco group on Facebook with plenty of members and activity. I have been decreasing my time on EP for Facebook groups because there is more information and more posts and it's all specific to "x" group. My Facebook now is like the F150 group, F150 overland group and Raptor Swapped group with the occasional Ex girlfriend post.
I never used FB groups until I got a Montero and its definitely the most active place but man the interface is so bad. Slow, glitchy, hard to search and not really laid out well for conversation. Forums like this are so much better but there just isnt the userbase.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’d rather eat broken glass than go on facebook. Every time someone sends me a link to some market place ad or whatever, it’s a disaster.

I appreciate the thought though. Your likely correct about there being a group for Broncos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998