A slow start to a long process/ 4x4 conversion

AUTO360

Adventurer
So, last summer a friend, who knew a guy, was selling his 2 axles and the UJoint front hanger kit. All for $800. I couldn't pass it up even though I was on the fence about doing the conversion. On the receipt I saw he paid $695 delivered for the kit. So, that means I almost got the axles for free! I just finally picked them up last Saturday.
Anyway, I'm in school (ie:"broke") so it will be a while before I get it setting on the axles but I think soon I will get the hangers in place. That shouldn't be overly taxing for me and my friend who has the skills and equipment.
Chris, if your reading this then I suspect I will be giving you a call pretty soon. Don't you have some type of template for where the shackle needs to be installed? The axles are out of an 04' Ford 250 I think....maybe an 01' but all the same. Anyway, I will have some questions. Just bear with me because it will be a while.
MattP3092193.jpgP3092194.jpg

Last edited:

AUTO360

Adventurer
It will be going on my 2003 E350 7.3. Van is in super good condition. About 170k miles. Hard to find a cleaner one. Sure wish it had cruise control though....P1122065.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
That's a good deal, especially if the axles are geared the way you want, and just need a refreshing.

Where was that pic of your rig and moto taken? Is that an abandoned drive-in or something?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sounds good, give me a shout and we'll get you everything else that you need. I have a brand new shackle sleeve template that will be done later this week, its pretty slick.

285274_559734200712479_758420484_n.jpg

spurious

As far as cruise control, it's a easy as finding the steering wheel with cruise control. Mount it up and have ford program the computer to recognize the new controls. Very straight forward.

MWL

Slightly off topic... What size tire are you running now ? 265's ? Any lift in the front ? Looks good.
Mike

AUTO360

Adventurer
BKnudtsen- The picture is at some type of old travel plaza....at least thats my best guess. Looks like it had several fuel pumps back in the day. Its exit 151 off I-8 in Az. Little ways from you.

Spurious, I hope the cruise control could be that easy. That would be great.

MWL- Yes, I'm running 265's. They are the Tread Wright Guard Dogs. Umm, I think they are the Guard Dogs. They need rotated but over all I am happy with them. Climbed a steep hill in NM and couldn't believe I didn't even spin a tire...and thats with 80psi in them. Oh, no lift.

Chris, I'll wait till you get that template ready and then get one from you. Are there any preferable times to call?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78