A very nice built FWC on Ford super duty.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
hojhauler said:
I think I really need to start this in a new thread....moderators???

You can start a new thread at any time and best of all, it's free!

Maybe a 4wd van would work for you? If it must be a solution to work with an F350, start a thread and you're sure to get some interesting feedback from the folks here.

Oh and Welcome to ExPo, hojhauler - :beer:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
That set up is drop dead gorgeous.

With some of the earlier questions raised regarding such a big truck, I was thinking that it is probably a different way to go about accomplishing what a Sportsmobile accomplishes, and probably a bit easier to drive off road with the lower COG.

It would be fun to compare and contrast the two different approaches. I see an Overland Journal article.

Saline

Adventurer
Great setup! It even makes me think a bit more about going with somthing like this as opposed to a Sportsmobile. Hmmm......

ScottBailey

Observer
Umm....

Great setup! It even makes me think a bit more about going with somthing like this as opposed to a Sportsmobile. Hmmm......

If you ALREADY have the truck, then the FWC/ATC makes a lot of sense. The Sportsmobiles are--in my opinion--a better RV (more spacious) and better off-road (shorter wheelbase) than a similar full-size truck and camper. That said, SMB is a more $$$$

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Hi All,
Here is a FWC I saw in Yellowstone. It's very nicely built and seems to be used to it's potential. It's used the space on the side of the truck bed very nicely with the utility bed. It was park at the side of a wireless carrier building. Probable it's used for work related things. Couple people sent me PM ask for more pics so I guess some of you might be interested as well. :p
173756052_F7RQU-M.jpg

264188593_VjJEz-M.jpg

264188712_oQNqZ-M.jpg

264188832_FH86L-M.jpg

264189647_uLk8r-M.jpg

264188955_MFTAC-M.jpg

264188362_CvMJ5-M.jpg

Just wanted to bump this thread for anybody who is interested in this rig and has not found this thread. Not a lot of info on the setup, but the photos are drool worthy.

I have got a couple of PM's about where I found the picture I have of this rig, well here it is.

Kilroy

Adventurer
This rig really inspired me when trying to put together mine. Just couldn't come up with the coin for the service body. That and Carlye's thread on his first Alaskan build is what prompted me to go with a flatbed, which I'm happy I did.:ylsmoke:

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
more pics

: )

Attachments

• Ultility Bed & Hawk #3.JPG
    Ultility Bed & Hawk #3.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Ultility Bed & Hawk #1.JPG
    Ultility Bed & Hawk #1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Ultility Bed & Hawk #4.JPG
    Ultility Bed & Hawk #4.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Ultility Bed & Hawk #5.JPG
    Ultility Bed & Hawk #5.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 173

Saiyan66

Adventurer
The tires look to be 37's, maybe someone can confirm. I also like how he spec'd out larger wheel wells on the utility body. Most wouldn't accommodate larger tires like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan