AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
picked up a new toy, S&W MP15, took off the bump stock and traded it for magpul accessories

& was dog sitting Brutus the #overland pup while Mikie had his knee surgery, 7 months old & 55lbs, loving and very protective pup

Last edited:

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
me & my sons dog Brutus did some evening touring, he can be followed @adventures_of_brutus on instragram

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Not him, it's Photobucket. Night of Jun29 they changed their terms and told everyone it would cost $400 to share images as they had been doing for years. Stuff's broken all over the interweb because of it. Lot of hobby and how-to stuff is wrecked.

Jelorian

Adventurer
Same here. ****** them. So what alternative image hosting options do we have?

It's going to be a pain to fix each and every image reference. Argh.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
I've use Flickr for years. They charge a yearly fee of about $25 for Pro accounts
But then I use it for online backup for family photos as well as hosting forum pix and photography is a hobby.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8695186@N02/

With a free account there are limitations. Might be worth looking into though.

Not sure of other alternatives.

camp4x4

Adventurer
I've use Flickr for years. They charge a yearly fee of about $25 for Pro accounts
But then I use it for online backup for family photos as well as hosting forum pix and photography is a hobby.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8695186@N02/

With a free account there are limitations. Might be worth looking into though.

Not sure of other alternatives.

I used to use Flickr Pro, created a new account recently for my build and found the free account has a free 1TB AND will generate BBCode for you... so yeah, VERY forum friendly.

rayra

Expedition Leader
ntoe on Flickr, IMGUR, Smugmug - they all work great, and work going forward as you go. But they all replace the filenames on your uploaded images. If you have a lot of previous images you are looking to go replace in old topics, it's going to be a gigantic pain in the rear try to match things up. Depending on how many old images you have to replace. I've got at least 1500++ across several years and forums.
I have not yet been able to find a service that will retain my file names. And am now casting about for some online storage space where I can upload that library of images and link to them. Might even wind up with my own domain and website hosting plan to do it.

camp4x4

Adventurer
ntoe on Flickr, IMGUR, Smugmug - they all work great, and work going forward as you go. But they all replace the filenames on your uploaded images. If you have a lot of previous images you are looking to go replace in old topics, it's going to be a gigantic pain in the rear try to match things up. Depending on how many old images you have to replace. I've got at least 1500++ across several years and forums.
I have not yet been able to find a service that will retain my file names. And am now casting about for some online storage space where I can upload that library of images and link to them. Might even wind up with my own domain and website hosting plan to do it.

A little hacky, but have you considered putting the filename in the title or caption prior to uploading to a new system? If you put it there I know Flickr will automatically read it and put it in the Title or Description fields. That would at least allow you find the appropriate file for replacing the Photobucket embed.

A quick and easy way to do this would be with exiftool. Works on Mac, PC or Linux. A simple command line tool it's incredibly powerful. To put the filename in the IPTC Caption field simply use this:

exiftool "-iptc:caption-abstract<filename" [path/to/file]

Obviously replace [path/to/file] with the actual path to the file.

If you want to do a whole directory or series of directories use:

-r [path/to/directory] instead of [path/to/file]

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
thanks for the comments guys but I am not willing to pay photobucket their ransom fee
I make no $$ overlanding....
sorry for the headache Ive caused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears