Access Tacoma Build

Accesstacoma

Long Time Lurker time for me to share my build.

My love of Toyota trucks started with my first Tacoma a 2002 Tacoma 3.4l 4x4 auto. I did a few things to make it what I wanted it started with better tires. From there is where the mods started with on board air to an OME lift. After the lift I decided the I needed to add sliders as a step/lift point to the truck. But all good things come to an end the truck surprising started to fall apart, I had only owned the truck for 5000 miles. But being used the transmission was tired and started to miss shift and slip.

In comes the decision to get a new truck as I have always loved manuals, So traded in 3.4l for a big thirsty, power house 2013 4.0l Tacoma TRD.
What comes to follow is the build and building of my Access Tacoma. Unfortunately uploading pictures is proving to be more difficult than I had thought.
IMG_0032.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

Hi all,

What do you have in mind for the 2013 Tacoma?

I have a used 2007 that I bought 3 years ago. Only modification so far has been rock sliders, and considering Timbren Active Off-Road bump stops next. Also thinking of a winch and front mount, but have not made a decision on that yet.

Regards,

Alan

Long Time Lurker time for me to share my build.

My love of Toyota trucks started with my first Tacoma a 2002 Tacoma 3.4l 4x4 auto. I did a few things to make it what I wanted it started with better tires. From there is where the mods started with on board air to an OME lift. After the lift I decided the I needed to add sliders as a step/lift point to the truck. But all good things come to an end the truck surprising started to fall apart, I had only owned the truck for 5000 miles. But being used the transmission was tired and started to miss shift and slip.

In comes the decision to get a new truck as I have always loved manuals, So traded in 3.4l for a big thirsty, power house 2013 4.0l Tacoma TRD.
What comes to follow is the build and building of my Access Tacoma. Unfortunately uploading pictures is proving to be more difficult than I had thought.
View attachment 317989

View attachment 317988

Accesstacoma

The Build

It all starts with a Brand new with 4 miles 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4.0l
IMG_0108.jpg
I know everyone loves to see pictures unfortunately I have not been successful in trying to do so, Attachments keep failing. So any help would be great.

I will be updating this as time goes on and adding pictures of my adventures.
Night shooting 1.jpg
Please feel free to suggest future mods and or advice seeing as this is my first true build of a overland vehicle.

As it is today 12/9/2015
IMG_0110.jpg

Specs of the build

Wheel/Tires
Stock 16" Tacoma rims with plasti dip coating (installed)

Kelley Safari TSR tires 265/75/16 (installed)

Suspension

Firestone helper Bags installed on the rear stock leafs (installed)

Fox Racing Shocks front and rear 2.0 performance series (installed)

Armor

Custom Built CBI Offroad front bumper (installed)

CBI Rock Sliders Bolt on (installed

Recovery Gear

Hi-Lift Jack

Smittybuilt 10,000 Winch with synthetic line (installed)

Lights

Ridged Led dually Lights

Amazon led 24" light bar (installed)

Electronics

On board air ARB compressor (installed)

Many more things to come in this section

Exterior Add On's

Leer canopy (installed)

Yakima roof Bars and rack (installed)

ARB Awning 6x6 (installed)

Last edited:

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
I just bought a 2012 Access Cab TRD O/R and would love to see some of your photos if you get them loaded. It seems like most people have a double cab, and I'm trying to get some inspiration for my build. I'm thinking cap, Thule bars with awning (I make an awning mount for Yakima/Thule/Rhino Rack bars), OME lift, ARB bumper with winch, probably the OME add a leaf for for the extra weight in the bed, sliders, and 255/85's when its all said and done. Your build sounds very similar to what I'm looking at. Good on you!

Accesstacoma

So after Camping and living out of the back of the tacoma a few times. I decided to make some storage for the bed of the truck.
I came up with two drawers that are 4.5 feet long, 19 inches wide.

I am going to just post the finished product, But if you have questions I have plenty of Pictures of the build.

IMG_4551.jpg

I am quite happy with how it turned out.

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
Really good looking platform and drawers! Mine will be getting a set once I get a cap. Are you going to carpet it?

yeos

Observer
Access cab build, hell yeah! I get my brand new leer 100xr installed tomorrow and have been looking up ideas on a bed/storage platform. I would like something that can be somewhat easy to disassemble in case I need to haul a large item. Look forward to following your build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman