Ace Vantura! ALLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY then

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Thanks guys! Ill post any parts available in the "Van parts for sale Sticky" thread.

5c6bc471e026baa72f84c039337a5fdb.jpg

Back to van talk...

I was originally upgrading to a Rapid-Cool transmission cooler, but there was one already installed?!! So, I'm going to swap over a Ford 6.0 PSD transmission cooler since its a fair bit larger. Also getting the trans checked to see if it's slipping. I cant feel anything, but that could be causing the increased temps on long hillclimbs. The only other option is to get a remote cooler with fan mounted up. Pix of all that crud coming soon.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Heres a few photos of the Superwinch Talon 12.5k Synthetic into the Ujoint aluminum bumper. I thought the stock superwinch hook was jokingly huge, so I upgraded to the Factor55 aluminum chunk.

9b2e20bc3289c3e3c8b0e86225263c01.jpg

It's a tight fit. We had to clearance the front valance about 1/2" to make room for the winch.
f2110eb0a53f6a2fb42f11bdfe9db957.jpg

Overall, I like the talon. The line retraction is SUPER SUPER FAST. It keeps pulling for about 4 -6 feet after you let off the button, so you have to time it right when retracting. Otherwise seems to be a high quality unit that Im stoked to use. I wish it wasn't blue, but I got a great deal on a beefy winch.

Review on the 6.0PSD cooler upgrade coming later!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears