Achieving 2" lift with coils or spacers on 1998 7.3 ambulance

jslamerman

Like the topic says, Ive browsed, and come up with incomplete information. I have a fairly heavy vehicle, and Im wondering what part number youd reccomend for a coil (do fords use different wrap diameters at the ends , and retention configurations?). Ive been on parts geek, and I really dont know the difference in coil styles using a coil from a different application. Its kind of a crap shoot guessing at spring rate and free length, for an actual ride height!! I looked at teh coil spacers from maxx lift, but you cant email them (email comes back from mailer dameon), and you cant call them......go figure....customer service is dead, its obvious Id have to figure out thier product. It lists a product for 1999 up e350s, no idea what my 1998 would have different!!!?? Help, suggestions??!! (new tires are 265/70/17 on 17x8s)

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I put maxx lift spacers on my 97 E350 12k miles ago and have had no problems. I have 265/75/16 duratracs and they do not rub. You will need to install 4 degree alignment bushings to keep tires from wearing out. The maxx lift was always temp for me till I could afford 4x4 conversion, but it was cheap and easy to install.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
How much lift? P/N? Pics?

How heavy is your rig (front/rear)?

I'm hoping the new I've got will level out my Ambo... I'm not looking for a big lift, just to loose the rake.

Last edited:

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I will see if i have some pics otherwise will take some tomorrow.

Maxx lift was 2" with 2" block kit.

I ordered a 1999 E350 kit. I believe they are all the same.

It does say not suitable for RV. Im not sure if that would include ambulance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears