Across a big river and up a big mountain; The tale of La Ruta de la Independencia.

articulate

Expedition Leader
I have to tell you that your English is fantastic.

I thought Basaseachic Falls were 1000+ feet? Do you accept gringos on your trips? I'd like that one.

efuentes

Explorer
articulate said:
Do you accept gringos on your trips? I'd like that one.

We sure do !! as a matter of fact the only prequisite its the desire to wheel and to have a good time.

Saludos

efuentes

Explorer
At last i got a photo of our trusty river guide :D

The kid made a killing, we were first and gave him 5 bucks per car. (Up from our standard 2 bucks per group fare.)

heroe.jpg

Saludos

cruiser guy

Explorer
If next years trip is in late July or early August let me know. I've been wanting to do the Copper Canyon for a while but I've never found a partner for the right time yet.

efuentes

Explorer
I finally downloaded the trip from my GPS, if somebody need the route in Garmin Format send me a PM

Saludos

efuentes

Explorer
I guess its better late than never.

Here are the GPS files promised a long time ago.

The linky is in my Blog.

mapsourceSmall.jpg

googleSmall.jpg

Saludos and enjoy.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, how intense was the "wheeling" part of the trip? Did you guys have to deal with huge ruts, rocks, etc. or would it be managable in a stock SUV/truck?

efuentes

Explorer
It was rought, i would recomend at least 31s-33s some good shocks, a rear locker and a mild lift.

Saludos

articulate

Expedition Leader
It made me smile to see this thread back to the top this morning. "Una sonrisa en la manana."

Thanks for the GPS tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman