Added Shackles - 2015 Colorado z71

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Shackles done. - https://archivegarage.com/products/5-shackles-304ss

Let me start by saying my truck is strange.
I failed to get measurements back in 2015 when I got the truck but somebody had a measurement and their truck (stock, lb cc z71, like me) had it as Lr 35 7/8" and Rr 36 7/8"..
Mine before the shackles was Lr 36" Rr 36 1/2" this is with KO2 265/65/17s and a 750# add a leaf that did raise the rear, back to stock!! I do run a touch of weight, right now about 300#, however my numbers make no sense, so take the results of the shackle addition..questionably...

After the install I now measure Lr 36 1/4" Rr 36 3/4" ... Yes, an exact 1/4" per side. However I measured the shackles and even pulled one off the morning to remeasure, they are a tad over 1/2" longer!! The shop that makes them says they are .75" longer and will produce a 1/2" increase. To be honest how does a 1/2" bolt change result in 1/4" of increase? I'm not a mechanic or suspension guru, so I'm stumped AF. However I suspect it may have something to do with the Add a Leaf, of course I'm probably wrong.

The install was of course fairly easy, the shackles look to be good quality. I've heard the RC shackles from the old Colorados work, RC wont confirm this of course, but they are also listed as 1/2" though they are claimed to be longer. However if a shackle is much longer than these, then it will ride on the tailpipe...

Overall I would recommend these. I prefer spending $$ at a small shop when given the chance, the product and service were good. The owner (Erik) responded to my texts yesterday when I was scratching my head about the 1/2" v 1/4" issue and had shipped the shackles out priority the day I ordered them.

Attachments

• sh3.jpg
    sh3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16
  • shackle1.jpg
    shackle1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998