Adjustable Air Springs

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
actually I disagree with you guys quite a bit, I have done a lot of research on these and plan to put them on my current project as I tow once in a while.. Most report as long as 8 years with no problems, the bags are quite heavy duty. Local guy here in Utah also runs them on his expedition equiped 100 ( he actually owns this company: http://www.equipt1.com/h/ ) & no problems so far.. I think they are a good alternative. I have been emailing the company, they work by expanding in the coils. Do not necessarily have to be long enough for the lift. Here are the part number for the air lift brand bags. They are also cheap too, about $250 for the whole kit. I plan to now run J's in the rear and the bags personally on Kurt Williams (www.Cruiseroutfitters.com ) advice...

Kit #60728 (stock) uses 5.38x8.50" bags,
Kit# 60755 uses 5.38x10.50" (2" lift + higher)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Yes Andre, quite a few other folks have told me that they are the way to go as well.

Once i get some free time i will be installing a set as well.

Any recommended brands?

cpg

Adventurer
Get the air lift from summit. under 80 bucks. Install in less than 1 hour.
When I am loded for baja the cruiser rides soooo much better. I would not get super heavy springs for a load that is in the cruiser less than 15 times a year. When I am unloaded I let the air out. Boston you ready to head south in March?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
cpg said:
Boston you ready to head south in March?

Yes sir, heading Soutch Thursday the 8th in the PM!

If you heading for the race, PM me and i will give ya the info of where we are at and where our pit is!

K

cpg

Adventurer
Boston Mangler said:
Yes sir, heading Soutch Thursday the 8th in the PM!

If you heading for the race, PM me and i will give ya the info of where we are at and where our pit is!

K
Going down on the 15th Just for some fishing/wheeling and camping

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
you have to get the matching compressor and air system gauge/switches correct? Can you buy just the bags and rig it off an existing OBA system easily enough?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
dieselcruiserhead said:
you have to get the matching compressor and air system gauge/switches correct?

No

dieselcruiserhead said:
Can you buy just the bags and rig it off an existing OBA system easily enough?

Yes, i plan on setting mine up to be able to be inflated with my CO2 tank

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
If the gauge comes with the air compressor kit, the more I think about it you lose the gauge but any air pressure gauge should do I think...

Problem with CO2 is probably similar to CO2 in tires, slight fading possibly some minor leakage but probably not that big a deal, especially if you deflate often... Are the controller/bleed valves & switching all included with the bags, or with the compressor/control kit?

cpg

Adventurer
dieselcruiserhead said:
If the gauge comes with the air compressor kit, the more I think about it you lose the gauge but any air pressure gauge should do I think...

Problem with CO2 is probably similar to CO2 in tires, slight fading possibly some minor leakage but probably not that big a deal, especially if you deflate often... Are the controller/bleed valves & switching all included with the bags, or with the compressor/control kit?

I have 1 tire valve to put air in or out very simple use your tire gauge. Any on board air will work even a hund pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12