Adventure Brigade's Teardrop Trailer Build

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Thanks, I'm heading to Home Depot today to get two eyelets so that the awning will not need to attach to the Jeep and will free stand with the trailer. Sometimes just using your equipment gives you ideas vs staring at paper. :)

luk4mud

Explorer
Love your budget build. You have been very practical, spending $ where you need to and not wasting it on glamping add ons where avoidable. I doubt you'll get a feature in Overland Journal any time soon, but very everyday folks like me your thread is full of good ideas.

thanks28

Love your budget build. You have been very practical, spending $ where you need to and not wasting it on glamping add ons where avoidable. I doubt you'll get a feature in Overland Journal any time soon, but very everyday folks like me your thread is full of good ideas.

I agree I am referencing this thread as I start my own build.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk HD

SWbySWesty

Hot water shower plumbed and installed. All modular as well (except hard mounted water pump). Why a hot shower? This is a dirtbike hauler...after riding all day in cooler weather, a solar shower may not be hot. The entire system cost about $200 in parts and a little thought. Soft white LEDs installed over the galley and red, blue & green rotating LEDs coming soon for chill mode! (Or for people to think it's a UFO!)
Pictures next week or maybe in use next weekend!

SWbySWesty

Here we go! I mounted the pump under the rear of the trailer and covered the ports.

photo 2.JPG

The heater needed only one screw to hang on the side. I'll add another to the other side so it can be attached to either side based on ground slope! Won't take more than 2 minutes to attach 2 water hoses, drop one in a water jug and hook up a propane tank. EASY and this thing gets HOTTT!
Next up were the LED lights. BlkWgn hooked me up good. Right now I'm only running soft white on a switch, but I'll soon order a controller which can dim lights and also run the Red, Blue and Green options! Party time :lol

photo 1.JPG

Lastly, it was my birthday on Saturday and I got a new member in the Adventure Brigade. Meet Frankie Boy. He's a cattle dog/Husky/Great Dane mix, is well trained and will make a fine copilot. He's just fine off leash as well so he'll be a great camping dog! He's not a fan of little stupid dogs or cats, so we'll get along just fine.
photo 3.JPG

SWbySWesty

Here's the shower all set up. The hose exploded mid-use on the shower wand. I guess it wasn't rated for the pressure? I've replaced it with a standard one from Home Depot and we'll see!
IMG_0493 (Medium).JPG

SWbySWesty

The suspension is way too stiff because the trailer is really light. So:
Option A: new axle, same story
Option B: new axle, new suspension for softer ride
Option C: go custom with trailing arms and airbags for a softer ride

@cris: you sleep on the futon and watch me under with just a hilift supporting it on the side of the street as cars go by!

crismateski

American Adventurist
The suspension is way too stiff because the trailer is really light. So:
Option A: new axle, same story
Option B: new axle, new suspension for softer ride
Option C: go custom with trailing arms and airbags for a softer ride

@cris: you sleep on the futon and watch me under with just a hilift supporting it on the side of the street as cars go by!

sounds good, just dont spill my beer

something along these lines might work for you http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/250830079877?lpid=82
they have others widths as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior