Adventure Trailers designing accessibility from the start

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Well since AT will be showing off it’s new folding trailer at the upcoming Overland Expo and I just got the latest pic’s I had to share with everyone how impressed I have been with Martyn & Mario and the rest of the AT team.
When I heard about the new trailer they were working on I knew it would be a benchmark design for the handicapped in this country. Adventure Trailers has welcomed our advice and kept the disabled in mind throughout the design process. Rather than build this new trailer according to ease of manufacture or convenience, they have made sure it meets the needs of both able bodied and disabled users alike and won’t require major modifications.
If more companies used accessible design at the beginning of a project they would find that their market base not only would be wider but they would be miles ahead of the competition.
I have to say thanks to everyone at Adventure Trailers for this kind of forethought and I can’t wait for all of you to see the new trailer at the Overland Expo. The details that make it easier on the disabled also work wonders for all you able folk! It has been great working with AT and I have put off buying any other trailer so I could save my pennies for this one. It will be worth every cent!

1leglance

Dang it Martyn... post some pics!:victory:

You have nooooo idea how hard it is not to post the pics I was sent.
This trailer is beyond cool.
And the wgt will amaze people. Even that fact is important for the disabled community!

Powdaze

Observer
So exactly how does a folding trailer work? Like the Coleman Switchback where the tent folds out from inside the top of the trailer cover?

1leglance

So exactly how does a folding trailer work? Like the Coleman Switchback where the tent folds out from inside the top of the trailer cover?

Oh no....you will love it when you see the pics or video of it in action!
This thread had the original spy photos:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14501

I will say that it looks like a solid rectangle from the side when closed. And with the release of a few latches the gas struts assist the top to flip over and become the floor thus opening the tent structure.
It is a walk/wheel in & out design that solves so many problems for folks. Not to mention it is super easy to setup and takedown, super easy to use and enjoy and there is plenty of inside room & storage to meet almost any needs.

And that is without going into details on the kitchen setup, independent suspension, special hitch or all the other features that make this trailer a real benchmark here in the USA.

I can't wait to post pics from the Overland Expo so everyone can see this thing! 3 weeks and counting!

1leglance

Too funny...Mario sent me the pics and ask that I not share them with anyone...
However I couldn't resist telling you guys how cool this trailer will be and now I see that they posted 1 of the pics themselves!

Well I will still say that working with them has been great and having a company want to make something accessible by design is refreshing especially in such a niche market as overland trailers.

I can't wait to see this trailer hit the market as it will make life so much easier for many folks who want to get into the outdoors and still sleep/deal with hygiene in comfort.

Powdaze

Observer
Oh no....you will love it when you see the pics or video of it in action!
This thread had the original spy photos:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14501

I will say that it looks like a solid rectangle from the side when closed. And with the release of a few latches the gas struts assist the top to flip over and become the floor thus opening the tent structure.
It is a walk/wheel in & out design that solves so many problems for folks. Not to mention it is super easy to setup and takedown, super easy to use and enjoy and there is plenty of inside room & storage to meet almost any needs.

And that is without going into details on the kitchen setup, independent suspension, special hitch or all the other features that make this trailer a real benchmark here in the USA.

I can't wait to post pics from the Overland Expo so everyone can see this thing! 3 weeks and counting!

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of deciding between a Chaser and a Horizon right now so I guess I should wait a little longer before I make a decision then...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears