Adventure Truck build - 90 xtra cab 3.0

DIY Guy

Observer
HAHHHAHAAA That's awesome Larry! went thru a bunch of pix of your 78, MAN!!! What a GREAT combination. If I was ever to start over I have always thought about doing an older Chev.... VERY impressive!!

DIY Guy

Observer
I agree--really nice setup. And, what's the camper like inside? Is it a Callen?
Hi Tangle thank you, I really like your setup too man! I believe it is, Callen sounds really familiar. This is kind of an interesting "camper" as it is more of an elaborate shell. It doesn't have its own floor so I was able to reuse the bed kit from the previous version when I had the glass shell. Basically its an insulated box, we have interior lighting and some comforts but nothing like an actual camper with stove fridge etc.

That thing is sooooo beast!!! I almost went with a camper like this.. Still may if i find the right one. Callen is out of business sadly and BelAir which is also down in SoCal is all wood frame unlike callens aluminum frame, feel like the wood frame wouldnt hold up to off road / trail abuse. Sick truck! Keep the pics coming!

DIY Guy

Observer
Face lift

Tired of the old interior and have at this point identified what works, what doesnt, what I liked and didnt so I figured it was time for a facelift and some propper component integration. Im currently in the process of building an overhead and center console. sorry about the blurry pix, Ill have to post some better ones later ; )
IMG_20160430_175513.jpg
This stack is in the back
View attachment 342885

DIY Guy

Observer
backlit

Im building the switch panels out of white acrylic and painting them, then etching them with the dremel and backlighting them with red led so that during the day all the text will be white and at night will be illuminated red. This is just a small test panel to give an idea what it might look like when finished
IMG_20160430_175142.jpg
painting the panels
IMG_20160430_175315.jpg
this shows the opacity of the acrylic
IMG_20160501_092120.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman