Advice for wheel size to fit 35" tires on lifted '13 Tundra

cwvandy

Adventurer
I have a 2013 Tundra with about 3" lift (Icon stage 5, frt.&r., leafs+airbags rear). I am interested in running
35/12.50 17 Tires when my Toyo ATII's wear out. I assume my TRD 17" wheels are not going to cut it.

I have searched various forums and found all sorts of conflicting info. I have Bud Built skid plates (which are set away from tires more than stock) and have already removed mud flaps. The question is what wheel offset (and even what manufacturer) can I use to avoid having to do frame chops. Tire choice still open but leaning toward Toyo MT in 35x12.5 (or even 11.5). I have used these on previous builds and like them.
Arctic did a really nice job and says he used the following size wheels: 17/4.75/9. Anyone else have some experience of what I can use to avoid rubbing? Thanks much for the guidance.

amo292

Adventurer
I have no experience with 35's, but can't imagine it would be hard to get them on the Tundra. Check out Tundratalk.net, there may be the same question already answered or lots more people that can help you out. I know many people run 35's on these trucks and have seen quite a few continuing to use the rock warrior wheels. I do know some used spacers, but the guy I bought my RW wheels from did not have too. He was running 35's with a 3/1 lift and had no rubbing whatsoever. With these trucks the huge offset actually helps with reducing rub, its when you get to anything like +18 to 0 that you see people with lots of rubbing issues. Hope this helps!

cwvandy

Adventurer
Thanks amo. I looked on Tundratalk but mainly read existing threads which had very conflicting info. I will, as you suggest, just ask and see what pops up. I've seen a bunch of similar trucks with 35's but don't know what was involved. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

C-Fish

Adventurer
You should be fine running 35's with the RW wheels.

I've got a friend who had on his without rubbing.

He eventually had to replace (wheels) with more offset due to his custom mid travel front suspension though...

Muttle

Observer
20150607_162148_zpsnaizgjig.jpg

On my tundra I ran 17x8.5 0 offset /4.75 backspace wheels with 35x12.50 Trail grapplers, suspension was Icon Stage Five, billet aluminum control arm.The front coils were just cranked up a couple turns. I had to trim some of my front bumper and push the inner liner forward, lost the mud flaps, and did the body mount chop. If I had an aftermarket bumper I could have raised the caster and probably left the body mount alone. I ran 4.5 + degrees of caster with the body mount just hammered back a bit but ran into rubbing issues with the front bumper . I dialed the caster back to just over stock and cut the body mount and had no issues after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78