Advice needed for auxillary switches on my ram 3500

MT6bt

Rock hound
It may be because I haven't slept in a day or two (one of my jobs is a plow driver and we just received a foot in the last day), but I'm a bit lost in what I am trying to find online to purchase for the auxillary lighting I've recently purchased. I want a "command center box"- for lack of a better descritption- for the switches on all the LED pods I've recently purchased. I will eventually be adding more to this box, so more space will be necessary. Does anyone have some pics of what they've done, be it on a similar truck or otherwise? Ideally, I want it to be neat and tidy...which is why I believe this is the most logical route.

Oilbrnr

Might want to look at sPOD. If you search on here, you can see how one guy mounted the touch panel to the A pillar's handle lower 6mm mounting bolthole. It is what I'm going to put in my PW. Pricey but clean and flexible.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Doesn't your RAM have the AUX switches mounted on the dash. If not, you might be able to add them. My 2018 has them and they are the balls. You can program then to be momentary contact or constant contact and whether they come on only with ignition or with vehicle off. Nice set up from the factory

chet6.7

Explorer
Here are some options,the first picture is probably the product AEV sells,the second is a Switch Pro mounted on a Tuffy console.
I used a sPOD mounted on the Tuffy console,I mounted 2 2x4's on the ledge you see the Switch Pro mounted to.That gave me a surface to mount a MOLLE panel to so I can affix flashlights ect.I have a sPOD touch screen mounted to the top 2x4,my range of motion is limited due to injuries,I can reach the touchscreen very easily as my arm is on the consol much of the time.

Attachments

• IMG_7336.JPG
    IMG_7336.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7340.JPG
    IMG_7340.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
I have the factory AUX switches and it doesn’t get much cleaner than that.

The sPOD on the other hand is without a doubt the best on the market. If I didn’t have the Factory switches, I’d buy an sPOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselgeek

I put a 6 circuit universal SPOD in my ram and mounted all the switches in a AEV switch pod that mounts on top of the center stack. My truck didn't come with the aux switches so this seemed like the best option.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have this wireless switch in my Porsche and am going to use it in my new Land Cruiser. No wires to pull . Can't get better than that .

Adventurous

Explorer
I just purchased this kit the other day to accomplish the same thing.

As cool as the SPOD and Switch Pro are, I wanted something as OEM looking as possible. That and the additional functionality of the former was a bit superfluous for my application, so I was fine paying half the cost.

nater

Adventurer

As cool as the SPOD and Switch Pro are, I wanted something as OEM looking as possible. That and the additional functionality of the former was a bit superfluous for my application, so I was fine paying half the cost.

And you can program them if you use a tazer or alfaobd

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

Nice factory-style set up▲▲

If one wants bluetooth control see ► Trigger Six Shooter for another very nice switching system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12