Explorer
aether2.jpg
[/IMG]

Fully waterproof, rainproof, Really nice stuff

Aether1.jpg

Insulating Layer

Aether90.jpg
[/IMG]

And they toss in a couple of LR's in with the advertising!

110.jpg
[/IMG]

emmodg

Adventurer
I'll have to find the link but there is a blog that did a little article on Aether - the brand got trashed in quite a few of the responses.

Many people were commenting on the outrageous cost of this stuff especially considering the "everybody's got that" technology that Aether it uses. Stylish? Maybe. Functional? I guess, for getting in and out of taxis on the Upper East-Side. But you'll probably sell the hell out of it in Aspen!

thecriscokid

Explorer
Well they didn't intend to make a ski brand or bike rain gear. It looks like a great mild activity outerwear line. You know, Travel, short hikes, digging your truck out of a snowy ditch.
Personally, I don't wear my ski jackets for anything other than skiing. I ski around 100 day a year and do not even wear my ski jacket to have a drink at the bar after. IMO there is no do-it-all-jacket.
I think that Aether has combined a lot of the technical fabrics with an every day fit and comfort, and of course some style. Not everyone wants to look like they just climbed a 14er when all you are out to do is hike with your lady and take some picture.
Sure it's not for everyone, some people don't give a hoot about how they present themselves.
I'd be interested to see that blog. pm me with it.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I have just picked up this brand to carry for my clothing store The Gallerie in Aspen,CO

I am still eagerly awaiting the first shipment that will be here this month.

They have done a great job of combining functional fabrics with a more sophisticated fit.

Check out there inspiration page as well as the line!

http://shop.aetherapparel.com/index.cfm?fn=inspiration

Interesting. Please define what a "sophisticated fit" is. Does that mean I'm stupid if I don't like their clothing line or don't find it flattering on my physique? Is it complex in its construction? Can it only be appreciated by an elite class of people? Or is that just a marketing description to make me feel better about myself after reviewing their clothing line; if I can get the link to work that is.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure how much sarcasm there is in your post, but I really did not take any offense to the Sophisticated Fit. To me that just meant it was what I have seen many times as Modern Fit, Slim Fit, Athletic Fit...etc. Hopefully no one takes offense to those eiter. Hopefully, it just means that the waist of the Jackets and Shirts are not any bigger than the Chest or better yet even smaller.

I specifically look for clothing with these fit descriptions because I have a 43" chest and a 31" waist. It makes most any shirt or jacket that fits my shoulders look like a Tent on my waist.

Sadly, I don't think I will be buying an Aether just because of the price. But if I see one on ebay, I'll be picking it up quickly.

NAU is also a line that has this much slimmer fit, but they are almost as expensive.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
If a point is worth making its worth being made sarcastically. I just don't know what the point is...

mjmcdowell

Explorer
AETHER clothing......

If a point is worth making its worth being made sarcastically. I just don't know what the point is...
TB....... You are so bad..... If you are going to EXPO next spring I'll see you there as it will be just before our annual desert trip. Will have to get together for a beer and some good "sarcastic" conversation. mjmcdowell :sombrero:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
TB....... You are so bad..... If you are going to EXPO next spring I'll see you there as it will be just before our annual desert trip. Will have to get together for a beer and some good "sarcastic" conversation. mjmcdowell :sombrero:

Roger. Hopefully a "sophisticated" beverage and not some pedantic concoction obtained at a convenience store...

mjmcdowell

Explorer

Roger. Hopefully a "sophisticated" beverage and not some pedantic concoction obtained at a convenience store...

Probably a local Microbrew........ we have a few up here that are not bad...... don't know about "sophisticated"...... however they are pretty good nonetheless. m

AFSOC

Explorer
- the brand got trashed in quite a few of the responses.

Many people were commenting on the outrageous cost of this stuff especially considering the "everybody's got that" technology that Aether it uses.

The T-shirt is an easy product to compare against competitors. The price does take you by surprise.

I guess you could sell 1,000 shirts for a buck a shirt profit or fifty shirts at $20 profit per shirt and you still end up with a grand in the bank. Just a different business model. Me, I'm more of a value guy and less impressed with product exclusivity. As a consumer I prefer price points that are set, based on actual product costs rather than set to substantiate a product perception created by the marketing department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior