AEV quits the JK

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I saw a kit listed a few days ago (maybe on the AEV forum?) for $7K. They could absolutely still sell a lot of those these days.

The challenge is the price of the tooling they need to remake in order to get production going again.
If they sold 150 kits at $7k they still would not have even covered the cost of tooling alone...

Also if it's such a license to print money, why hasn't anyone else copied it?

-Dan

toddz69

Explorer
The challenge is the price of the tooling they need to remake in order to get production going again.
If they sold 150 kits at $7k they still would not have even covered the cost of tooling alone...

Also if it's such a license to print money, why hasn't anyone else copied it?

-Dan
Yep - all good points. I would hope that the tooling had not been scrapped but that's probably not the case since it's been out of production for so long.

I also wish they could've kept the Nth Degree/AEV suspension kits going but those have a ton of SKUs/parts compared to the Highline kits and the fits/starts of other companies trying to reproduce/restart the production shows how difficult/not cost-effective it is.

I just keep wishing :).

Todd Z.

Last edited:

somewhereinursa

I have a 2018 JKU (JL Vin #) and was hoping to kit it out with all AEV parts. It looks like the rear bumper is discontinued and I don’t want to mix and match, so I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I have a 2018 JKU (JL Vin #) and was hoping to kit it out with all AEV parts. It looks like the rear bumper is discontinued and I don’t want to mix and match, so I guess I will have to look elsewhere.
There's a lot of parts on the used market. I got my rear bumper used and saved a bundle!

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I've been looking but haven’t been able to find anything. I guess I will have to expand my search to include Craigslist, etc.
Keep your eyes out. Some of the bumpers come oem on different packages so the sellers don’t even know they’re aev. That’s how I bought my last rear bumper for $75.

somewhereinursa

I did, and was told that the rear bumper wasn't discontinued, just not in stock. It hasn't been in stock for at least 6 months. There is either a supply problem or they do not intend to continue selling it. If I knew who to call, I would try that route.

February 2024: It just disappeared from their website, so I was right, it is discontinued. Strange enough, I found one on Aliexpress. Looks the same, might give it a try.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
How much longer with AEV carry the JK 2.5 lift? Just bought a 2015 JK Rubicion Hardrock and want to run their lift.

Plus, I guess I better buy the Tire Carrier that fits the Hardrock bumper from them ASAP.

toddz69

Explorer
How much longer with AEV carry the JK 2.5 lift? Just bought a 2015 JK Rubicion Hardrock and want to run their lift.

Plus, I guess I better buy the Tire Carrier that fits the Hardrock bumper from them ASAP.
If you want any of that stuff, I'd buy it NOW (assuming you're in a financial position to do so, of course). That stuff tends to go obsolete at the most inopportune times and then you're stuck searching for stuff from folks.

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior