AEV salta rims and free spin hubs

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
One last question! :giggle:
Do the centramatics fit the Method Wheels?
Yes. I have them on mine along with standard balancing. They are 35-12.50-17 Toyo AT2's. My rear axle load is only 4K# so the 17's are plenty of tire in my case. CJC Offroad should have some side shots of 18 x 9 x 5.75 bs rims with 35's. They're very knowledgeable. Cole's really sharp. He can inform you if the rims are hubcentric in that size.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Have you experienced a little rust at the end of the hub where the lock ring is located?

I have on mine and it’s really starting to bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozymandias

Observer
Yes. I have them on mine along with standard balancing. They are 35-12.50-17 Toyo AT2's. My rear axle load is only 4K# so the 17's are plenty of tire in my case. CJC Offroad should have some side shots of 18 x 9 x 5.75 bs rims with 35's. They're very knowledgeable. Cole's really sharp. He can inform you if the rims are hubcentric in that size.

Yes, i got it solved, talked to DPP, canceled the AEVs and ordered the Methods in 18x9, they are Hub centric.
,Thanks a lot to everyone that contributed to the solution for my problem.

Have you experienced a little rust at the end of the hub where the lock ring is located?

I've had the same, there is simply no paint on that edge from factory.
I sanded mine and used some touch-up paint, problem solved.

Next point, tires - I've now 35x12.5-17, they rub already a little.
I'm considering 285/75-18 for the new rims, almost same diameter but narrower especially to the inside of the vehicle with the +20 more offset.
Also 295/70-18 or 305/70-18 would be possible, any thoughts about my choice?

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yes, i got it solved, talked to DPP, canceled the AEVs and ordered the Methods in 18x9, they are Hub centric.
,Thanks a lot to everyone that contributed to the solution for my problem.

I've had the same, there is simply no paint on that edge from factory.
I sanded mine and used some touch-up paint, problem solved.

Next point, tires - I've now 35x12.5-17, they rub already a little.
I'm considering 285/75-18 for the new rims, almost same diameter but narrower especially to the inside of the vehicle with the +20 more offset.
Also 295/70-18 or 305/70-18 would be possible, any thoughts about my choice?
The 305's are going to give you flotation,but the 295's will afford better fuel economy. The 305's will fill out the 9" rim better. Kind of a wash really.
Those 18's are going to give you that load capacity you're needing.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their instructions say that powder coating the rims voids the warranty? If I'm not mistaken most wheels are powder coated or in the case of machined ones at least a clear coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan