AEV Savegre JK

Scott Brady

Founder
Feel the love. . . Look for a detailed review and more pictures of this truck soon. My compliments to Dave on such a sweet ride - even the color is perfect.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sevegre_2.jpg
    Sevegre_2.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 2,136
  • Sevegre_1.jpg
    Sevegre_1.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 1,913

haven

Expedition Leader
Isn't that the Jeep that AEV built for the Rafiki Lodge in Costa Rica, and displayed at SEMA last November? I thought the truck would be in Central America by now!

I read that the Rafiki Jeep had new AEV suspension pieces, including new upper control arms. How does this vehicle compare off-road with the white Mopar Underground Jeep Overland project? 35 inch tires vs 37s on the Rafiki Jeep, correct?

2500Adventures

Adventurer
On my way through Utah (I-15) I saw 2 AEV rigs on a trailer being towed by a Dodge, I believe they were these, it was back in April and they were headed North. Very nice looking rigs, even just on the trialer, in action, WOW can't even begin to wonder...

Akecj7

Observer
On my way through Utah (I-15) I saw 2 AEV rigs on a trailer being towed by a Dodge, I believe they were these, it was back in April and they were headed North. Very nice looking rigs, even just on the trialer, in action, WOW can't even begin to wonder...

I found a video a couple of weeks ago about a trip the Scott Brady did with AEV to do some testing on a couple of JK's. I can find the link to video but it is about 40 mins. long and well worth the time. Maybe Scott can chime in and help with the link and info on the Jeep. When I get my other laptop back I will post a like to it.

thewas4x

The Dodge was pulling an TJ converted to a Brute pickup and this particular "Expedition JK" to and from the Expo in Tucson at the end of April. Dave was kind enough to stop at our dealership and unloaded them both so we could check them out, as we were in the process of stocking some of their suspensions and accessories and even had them do a full conversion (minus the Hemi in this one) on a four-door for us. The Brute had a prototype camper on it while on display at the Expo.
The "new" control arms is essentially a system of relocation plates that lower the frame end attchment point of the lower arms, along with correcting the drag link and track bar geometry up front (minimizing angles). Its a really well thought out system. We had several modified Jeeps on hand, and this full kit provides the best balance of retaining stock parts for longevity, keeping great road manners, and allowing for fitment of large tires. There are other systems that might work better for rock crawling exclusively, but this is the only system I'd put on a daily driver.
Looks good in red, too.

hulu has the link for dangerous drives - extreme off-roaders
http://www.hulu.com/watch/137331/dangerous-drives-extreme-off-roaders

-Chris

Attachments

• IMGP0236.JPG
    IMGP0236.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Petro

Adventurer
They just aired that episode of Dangerous Drives with the Brute and JK's (along with a Discovery) this past weekend, it was pretty good

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
The Rafiki logo is just bling. That truck wasnt intended for the lodge. Although i can attest to the lodge being a great destination and the owner Loki i believe being a great guy and overlander...

406to417

Explorer
The Rafiki logo is just bling. That truck wasnt intended for the lodge. Although i can attest to the lodge being a great destination and the owner Loki i believe being a great guy and overlander...

I was always wondering when it was going get sent there,i guess now i know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle