After 15 years of design and fabrication, time to downsize

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Next to go... the roof mold for the JKU Safari Cab hardtop. Brought it home from storage this morning...

JKRoofMold1.jpg

JKRoofMold2.jpg

I'll probably cut it into 3 pieces to make it easier to handle at the solid waste facility.

BrianNavyVeteran

Back from my Colorado expedition (I'll post about that later today), time to continue downsizing. Downsizing is more important now because just as I was leaving on the trip we made an offer on a new home several states away from where we live now; the offer was accepted so downsizing now has a real purpose - getting rid of things we don't want to move :).

I've decided to offer the military replica trailer for sale. I will sell it with three toppers - the hinged hard lid and the covered wagon top plus a soft tonneau cover. I also have rounded M100-style wide fenders I would offer for an additional price.

Done-114.jpg

M72RTT7.jpg

WithRetro3_zps6c77f0f3.jpg

TopView_zpsxvpigqqv.jpg

M416Fenders-3_zps99eb226f.jpg

Optional M100-style wide round fenders:

M100WFenders-3_zpsb08df431.jpg

This trailer was the prototype for the Dinoot M-Series, after I built it Compact Camping licensed the design and has marketed the kit ever since: https://compactcampingstore.com/products/dinoot-m-series-tub-kits.

You can tow this away for $2500.

Also I plan to get rid of the mold for the hard lid. More lids can be made in this mold and lids for M416/M100/M101 military trailers could also be made in it.
Hello, I think you miss you have done are awesome. If you come across another trailer. I would be interested. I’m also looking for half doors for a JkU 2011
Thanks for any help.
Brian

BrianNavyVeteran

I'm also getting rid of these molds - these three molds make hard shells for factory JK half door uppers.

View attachment 798269

The shells made in these molds replace the fabric skins of the factory half door uppers and accept Retrofit Offroad half door slider windows (https://www.retrofitoffroad.com/product-category/jeep-wrangler-jk-half-door-glass-sliders/) to make hard upper half doors with glass slider windows.

These photos show a completed set.

HardShellDone1_zpsqi35qu4z.jpg~original

HardShellDone2_zpscvusepvi.jpg~original

HardShellDone3_zpsfo5ik9xi.jpg~original

These are the actual molds and they're about as simple to mold as can be - almost flat parts (slightly curved to match the curve of the factory uppers) with a flat area in the center to accept the slider windows.

Contact me if interested.
Hello, I’m looking for some half doors for a 2011 jku . Please let me know if you have any or have any leads.
Thanks, Brian

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hello, I think you miss you have done are awesome. If you come across another trailer. I would be interested. I’m also looking for half doors for a JkU 2011
Thanks for any help.
Brian
I only made one of the trailers and it is sold. After I made it, the design was licensed by Compact Camping and the tub has been available as a kit for several years now: https://compactcampingstore.com/products/dinoot-m-series-tub-kits. I also kept my original molds in case I ever want to make another one.

As for JKU half doors, I'm trying to decide if I'll keep the set I have or sell them. I've got all 4 doors but I've never gotten around to painting them to match my JKU. They've got electric locks and power mirrors, as well as having hard uppers with slider windows. As far as I know, they are the only set of hard uppers with sliders in existence. I don't use them often enough to justify keeping them but since they're the only set of hard uppers in existence it's hard to part with them.

SummerConfig1.jpg

HardShellDone2.jpg

HardShellDone3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior