After 15 years of design and fabrication, time to downsize

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Fiberglass CJ Grille. I did not make this, it's a commercial product.

FiberglassCJGrille.jpg

Back when I was making the molds for the CJ Grille Kit I came across a complete fiberglass front clip for sale on Craigslist. I ended up modifying the fenders to create CJ-style fenders properly sized for the TJ with TJ-style inner fenders, and I made the molds for the CJ Kit fenders from those. I sold the hood right away because I wasn't going to need that and I kept the grille. I never needed the grille, so I'll ask $100 for it, which is less than it sold for when it was in production. I'll call it new old stock, it's in original condition and never molested. If you want to figure your shipping cost, it'll pack up 40" x 20" x 8" and weigh about 12 lbs.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Still available - the Auxbeam RGB/Bluetooth halo headlights. Here's a video demo I forgot I had done back when I reviewed these headlights:

They look brighter and more colorful in person, I did the video with my phone, which isn't a high end one.

Also I will offer the mold for the CJ/JL style grille overlay for the TJ seen in the video above. Here are a few photos of the overlay installed on a TJ grille, starting with a comparison between the factory grille and this one:

PickupCompare1_zpsvbuczkv7.jpg

RadiatorInstalled4.jpg

PartsTestF3.jpg

PartsTestF2.jpg

PartsTestF1.jpg

PartsTestF4.jpg

This next photo is the mold, in this photo it has been prepped with mold release and it is ready to make a part. Grille overlays can be made with or without recesses for the turn signals. To make an overlay with recesses, the recess forms (the gray circles) are held in place in the mold with double-sided tape and the joint between the form and the mold is sealed with a fillet of modeling clay as seen below. For a grille overlay without turn signal recesses, the recess forms are omitted.

GrilleMoldPrepped.jpg

The overlay installs over the front of the factory grille; since the new slots take up a larger area than the factory slots, the slots in the factory grille get cut out before installing the overlay.

I will offer this mold with rights for commercial use, which means if you want to make grille overlays in this mold and sell them you may.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Very sorry about that. I shipped it to you just as it was shipped from Auxbeam to me. What would you like to do? If you ship it back I'll refund your payment for it.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Don't need this anymore... a 2-gallon air tank. It's only been used for testing so it's in excellent condition. Excellent to add to your on-board air system. Similar 2-gallon tanks for $80-$90 (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/var-91022), I'll ask $35 for this one.

AirTank1.jpg

AirTank2.jpg

If you want to calculate shipping for the tank, it'll pack up at 17 x 8 x 8 and 9 lbs.

I also came across another 8-gang switch panel, it's in the first photo above. It's Auxbeam's high-end panel, with Bluetooth control that enables control of the circuit from a smartphone: https://auxbeam.com/products/ar-800-multifunction-rgb-switch-panel-system-qp008526-1 . I also have one of their dual 8-gang panels (https://auxbeam.com/products/qp009818). I've also still got the 6-gang panel. I haven't decided if I should keep all or get rid of one or two of them, if I decide to get rid of some more of them I'll post them with a price.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Interested in the tank with shipping to 29016
The USPS shipping calculator says $17.00. It's possible that UPS or Fedex could be cheaper but I didn't check those, if you find that one of those is less expensive I'll be happy to ship whichever one you like.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've got one last Blitz jerry can tray to get rid of, all the rest have been sold. This one is in excellent condition as you can see in the photo. $25.

BlitzTrayLast.jpg

As I post this, the 2-gallon air tank is still available; someone says they want it but they haven't finalized the transaction yet so until that happens it's fair game. I'm asking $35, similar 2-gallon tanks sell for $80-90: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/var-91022

AirTank2.jpg

Also the Bluetooth RGB halo headlights are also still available as is the mold that made the grille overlay seen in this video demonstrating the headlights:

---- New stuff...

In the process of doing the CJ Grille Kit for the TJ, I also did a Jeepster Commando hood to fit the TJ. I also did a replic Hurst Commando hood scoop. I just did these as an "art project", which is what I say when I make something just for the challenge of making it but I don't intend to use it. This is an original Hurst Commando:

OmixHurst1_zps9b251220.jpg

I did test install it on my LJ, here are a few photos (in these photos I just set the hood in place; my CJ grille was installed so I also set fiberglass "Commando grille ears" in place to roughly simulate what it would look like with a Commando grille:

LJ8HurstCommando2_zps7f2d2c5b.jpg

The original Hurst scoop had a tachometer in it; this replica has a mounting area that can hold two standard-size gauges:

HurstScoopReplica7_zps36b9fb89.jpg

The scoop posed on my LJ pickup:

HurstScoopReplica12.jpg

Another view of the scoop:

HurstCommandoScoop1.jpg

The complete setup on my test tub in the workshop:

HurstCommandoHood1_zps78284c51.jpg

I've still got the hood, the scoop and a Commando grille and I don't plan to use any of them.

TJCommandoHoodAndHurstScoop.jpg

CommandoGrille.jpg

I'd like to see these go together so if anyone thinks a TJ Commando would be cool to have these may be for you - hood, factory Commando grille, and Hurst Commando hood scoop. Make an offer.

After the weekend I'm off to the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion so this is the last post I'll do offering items for sale until I get back from the show.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Air tank is sold. RBG Halo Bluetooth headlights and one jerry can tray still available. CJ/JL grille mold for the TJ and TJ Commando parts TJ still available.

I'll be heading for the Smoky Mountain Jeep invasion in a few days so I won't post any more items until I return. I dug out the molds for the Cool Cowl today, so those will be on offer when I get back and I'll try to decide about the remaining Auxbeam switch panels - I've got a 6-gang, and 8-gang with Bluetooth control, and a dual 8-gang (two 8-switch panels and one control unit), I haven't decided if I'll keep them all or get rid of some. Also I think I've got two JL-style grilles for the JK in fiberglass in the storage area that I don't need and probably will get rid of.

If you're attending the Smoky event, stop by and say hi, you'll find me in the Overland Outfitters space and if not there I'll probably be with MORryde or Tentrax.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few more things I don't need anymore...

Another Cool Cowl. This is the one that was tested on my Jeep pickup. It's been painted Flame Red + Clear Coat so if your Jeep isn't Flame Red all it will need is a light scuffing before you repaint it to match your Jeep. I painted it with Duplicolor rattle can color and clear and it's a perfect match for my Flame Red Jeep.

CowlDupliColorClear4.jpg

The underside has a duct that makes it easier to interface to things like the Windstar and Spectre intakes and route cold air into the engine compartment.

DuctBonded3a.jpg

Shown here propped up on my test tub, you can see how the ductwork can be routed into the engine compartment.

ductconnected2-jpg.449236

Asking $250 for this one. Air prefilter not included, the one I had has been sold. They can be found here and other places: https://www.dieselequipmentinc.com/products/x002014. At the firewall in the photo above, I used a pair of 2 1/2" ports bolted back-to-back over a hole in the firewall. These work pretty well: https://www.rockler.com/2-1-2-dust-port. They also have a range of other fittings of various sizes and shapes.

----

If anyone is interested in the Cool Cowl molds, I will probably let those go too. With them you would have the ability to make Cool Cowls for sale. Contact me if interested.

----

OEM Rear Crossmember. OEM part #52058121AB. Discontinued. New old stock, never installed. I found these on Amazon for $393 () and on eBay for $222-$323 (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=52058121AB+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Brand=Mopar&_dcat=6030). Crown sells a replacement version, that one seems to go for $112-$242 on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=52058121AB+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Brand=Mopar&_dcat=6030), but I don't know if it's the same quality as the OEM part.

XMember1.jpg

XMember2.jpg

Asking $150, which puts it in the price range of the Crown part.

----

The mold for the CJ/JL-Style Grille Overlay is still available.

pickupcompare1_zpsvbuczkv7-jpg.449672

$300, which includes the rights to use it to make grille overlays to sell.

Seems like the crowd here isn't interested in molds though, so if any molds I offer don't sell after a few weeks they'll be cut up and scrapped.

ZONE ZERO

If I still had a tj I’d take them all.
Before you take saw to all of it DM me or email me first there might be something I can do

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Continuing my downsizing... off to the metal recycler yesterday...

MetalRecycler.jpg

The front sections of those tubs were key to making the fiberglass front clip CJ Grille Kit for the TJ, but now they're just excess steel so off they went. 260 lbs., the current rate at the local metal recycler is 5.5 cents per pound, you can do the math.

----

Next to go (to the landfill this time) will be the molds for the TrailTop components and the TrailTop teardrop Jeep-tub topper proof of concept. I documented that project in detail in this thread: https://forum.expeditionportal.com/...lar-trailer-topper-building-components.121184.

A few photos of the proof of concept:

AssemblyDone2_zps68510075.jpg~original

AssemblyDone3_zps92834b7f.jpg~original

Any of the TrailTop molds or the teardrop proof of concept are free to anyone who wants them. Too much trouble to ship though, so they'd have to be picked up.

----

A few years back I was working on skylight project; it was headed for production but got stalled when the pandemic started and never resumed when it was over.

PlexiSkylightOpen1_zpszfh0pmlr.jpg~original

PlexiSkylightClosed4_zps7c26glcc.jpg~original

I don't have any need for the prototype Freedom Panels anymore, so they're going to go too. If I recall correctly (it's been a few years) I think all they need is to have the weatherstrip attached with sealer and they'd be ready to use. I don't really want to ship these so I'll offer them locally as well.

----

I think I'll be keeping molds for any parts that are on my Jeeps in case I ever need to make a replacement part, but I will be getting rid of all of the mold masters. Mold masters are the custom parts that are used to make the molds from. Sometimes they're modified original sheet metal parts, sometimes they're fiberglass and sometimes they're wood, it doesn't matter what a master is made from as long as it accurately represents the final part and can take a nice finish so the resulting mold surface is good. The mold masters could be used to make new molds if anyone wanted to make parts using them. Some of the mold masters I'll be getting rid of include the CJ Grille Kit for the TJ (hood, fenders, cowl), the JK MB-style Flat Fenders (front and rear), and the JL-Style Grille for the JK. Anyone interested can contact me.

----

Update on other items: the mold for the CJ/JL-Style Grille Overlay for the TJ and the red Cool Cowl have found new homes, I shipped them yesterday.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I may also offer a set of JKU half doors, I haven't used them much and never got around to painting them to match my JKU. Haven't made a final decision on these yet.

DoorHanger3.jpg~original

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I'll also offer the molds for the TJ/LJ Cool Cowl. There are two molds - the main panel and the inside duct.

CoolCowlMolds.jpg

I'll offer this mold for $300 including the right to make Cool Cowls for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior