After 8 years in a full size, moving back to a mid-size - Recommendations?

COAKXterra

BTW for those who were saying "just park the truck outside" here is a photo from this morning that explains why I'm so insistent on parking the truck in the garage:
Oh, that’s it? 😂

This was a year ago at our house. There’s a titan-swapped xterra under that left pile. 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

69265510005__51439E5D-17D8-40BC-AB87-6757D371EDFA.jpeg

But I certainly hear ya. Wife’s car lives in the garage. Xterra generally does too. Power wagon doesn’t fit… so I’d love to have a pole barn or full heated separate shop for it. But it’s just money. Haha

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Well, we've moved and I'm happy now!

F150 in garage.jpg

Plenty of space and I'm even thinking I'll rig up a hoist so I can remove the topper by myself.

Of course, that's not TODAY. Today the garage is filled with boxes I have to unpack and crap I have to put away or get rid of. But it's a start!

EDITED TO ADD: We are loving the house and the area. View from our back porch (and my home office) looks like this:

Sunset 11-26-23.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

View attachment 808270

Plenty of space and I'm even thinking I'll rig up a hoist so I can remove the topper by myself.

Of course, that's not TODAY. Today the garage is filled with boxes I have to unpack and crap I have to put away or get rid of. But it's a start!

EDITED TO ADD: We are loving the house and the area. View from our back porch (and my home office) looks like this:

View attachment 808273
Congrats! So jealous you can fit your truck in the garage, haha! Fantastic view!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

View attachment 808270

View attachment 808273
I heard they’re building an Amazon distribution center just past those trees…lol

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I heard they’re building an Amazon distribution center just past those trees…lol
You're not as far off as you think.

This is north of Martin in Colorado Springs.

amazon_springs.jpg

amazon_springs_close.jpg

skrypj

View attachment 808270

View attachment 808273

I did that. I got one of the ceiling mounted storage thingys and can pull my topper off my 6.5' bed in about 10 minutes by myself. Works well.

calicamper

Expedition Leader

View attachment 808270

View attachment 808273
Wow nice height in the garage! Thats my pet peeve at all my places friggin low rafter setup zero room. I can’t run yakima bars on my stock Expedition the stock bars literally rub the door gasket when I garage it at my current place. Still shopping on my end the one very small area we are looking sellers are stuck in peak COVID pricing still. Super baffling just three blocks away stuff is moving at market rate about 350,000 below the peak prices before the rate hikes. Fingers crossed we get more listings and see some price reductions soon.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Watching the RE market like a hawk as we’re seriously hunting the elusive vacation house. November data is starting to surface wow AZ real estate is seeing a nice drop. Starting to see cracks in the high listing prices in the area I’m shopping. But sellers are definitely stuck in pre rate increases July peak season pricing mode😆. My agent says this one area is dead zero lookers. But just outside that area he’s doing some good business with sellers finally coming down to a price range buyers are interested in paying. Basically the area seeing action has come down about 300,000 from the July pre rate hike prices. The area I’m eyeing literally 1/4 mile away has roughly dropped 20k 😆😆😆 with zero tire kickers even looking.

Wallygator

Adventurer
If I was to go back to midsize it would probably be with a Nissan Frontier despite the whole DI maintenance needed at 100,000 miles. Can get it in a long bed and still has a NA engine with not a lot of tech to go wrong. It's a solid design. Also the price is significantly lower than the others. I do like the Ranger but it only comes with a postage stamp sized bed on it. No option for anything bigger except to move up to a full size.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
If I was to go back to midsize it would probably be with a Nissan Frontier despite the whole DI maintenance needed at 100,000 miles. Can get it in a long bed and still has a NA engine with not a lot of tech to go wrong. It's a solid design. Also the price is significantly lower than the others. I do like the Ranger but it only comes with a postage stamp sized bed on it. No option for anything bigger except to move up to a full size.
OP got a house with a garage that will fit his full size.

Personally, I like the looks of the Frontier as I did with my old Xterra and the Armadas, but have had bad experienced with 3 Nissan's now. So, their a no go for me. I'd rather pony up the difference to go to a Tacoma if I needed a mid size with the 6' bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior