after market mirrors for towing

Sun2bfre

Observer
Hi All,
I need exterior towing mirrors to help me see around my camper. Does anyone have any suggestions for after market towing mirrors on a 98 Dodge 2500? I tried one of those that clip on and they are fine until I start the engine! Thanks for any help. I've looked online and know that I'll be spending some bucks. Just thought I would check with those more experienced. Sun

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Hi All,
I need exterior towing mirrors to help me see around my camper. Does anyone have any suggestions for after market towing mirrors on a 98 Dodge 2500? I tried one of those that clip on and they are fine until I start the engine! Thanks for any help. I've looked online and know that I'll be spending some bucks. Just thought I would check with those more experienced. Sun

didn't Dodge have factory towing mirrors?

Going from Fords soccer mom mirrors to Fords towing mirrors is less than 30 minutes. 6 bolts total.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I too tried some clamp on towing mirrors. Worked ok, but kind of a hassle for no more function than what they added. So...Swapped out my factory mirrors for the extendable towing mirrors.
mirror1.JPG

Aftermarket replacements were much cheaper than OEM and have performed very well. Retained the directional flasher and heated mirrors. I added my own LED floods to the bottom of them for puddle lights :)

mchambers

Observer
I had these on a truck that I used top own and they were awesome. Heavy and tough enough for anything. They have apparently gone out of business and this company has bought the remaining stock. If they have your size I would wholeheartedly suggest them. Not cheap but man are they good!
www.tttmirror.com

Sun2bfre

Observer
HI All , Thanks for the info. My Dodge, like many others have outside rear view mirrors. Great for towing anything, but don't extend far enough out to see around my camper so I'm looking for extending mirrors. I'll check things out.

1stDeuce

Explorer
The factory towing mirrors for a '98 dodge would be your best bet. You can find them online, or go to a junkyard and try to score a set. The head swings up and out for towing, and in and down for normal driving. Here's a link to some at one of the online retailers.
For $154 for the pair, I think I'd skip the junkyard and just buy these... Check other sources and you might find them even cheaper.
Chris

Sun2bfre

Observer
1st Deuce, Thanks. Good looking mirrors. I need to find some like that, that are heated. I've seen them online somewhere, just need to remember. Hell getting old.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12