Agile Offroad tuned, custom-valved RIP shocks

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
Christmas came early . . . :)
20170615_195459.jpg

I approved and my son paid the invoice this Tuesday and received the package on the following day Wednesday. Talk about Fast Shipping!!! I can't wait to install these Fox shocks tomorrow morning at 5am :)

John Brindell at Agile setup for my RV V4 valving for the front and V5 valving for the rear - all based on the weights and compressed shock dimensions that I provided to him.

These Fox 2.0 IFP shocks better make a night and day difference improvement over those ProComp shocks that I stole from my lifted Bronco :)
20170610_184445.jpg

4X4 Configuration:

Quigley Dana 60 Coil Sprung, Radius arm suspension

E4OD with BW1356 behind 5.8L 351W Gas engine

Front and Rear Anti-sway bars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRONT Coil Suspension*-

********1890#*Load Capacity each coil @*590#*Spring Rate

******** Shock Length at Full Load Weight (Base of top stud to center of bottom eye):16.5 inches

REAR Leaf Spring Suspension*-

********3100#*Load Capacity each pack @*525#*Spring Rate

******** Shock Length at Full Load Weight (Base of top stud to center of bottom eye):19.0 inches

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEIGHT DISTRUBUTION*(ALL TANKS FULL, ALL CAMPING GEAR / SUPPLIES, SPARE TIRE, Without Driver / Passenger):

******* FRONT LEFT:***** 1780#

******* FRONT RIGHT:**** 1600#

******* REAR LEFT:******* 2800#

******* REAR RIGHT:****** 2780#

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hope you don't mind me asking... ballpark cost?

I priced out Bilsteins locally and they wanted about $800 for the four. I'm thinking I could almost do better with custom FOX shocks.

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
That's too much and the Bilsteins are not even custom-valved. I paid LESS than that, and even included a Fox steering stabilizer, tax and shipping - all out the door. I didn't haggle on the price. Call John Brindell at Agile and haggle a bit :) if you'd like, you may save a ton if you're lucky :)

Last edited:

4x4pair

Adventurer
The obvious advantage of the Fox over the Bilsteins is they're rebuildable and re-valveable. So you only have to buy shocks once. And John is amazing at valving shocks. He did my van and my Jeep and they ride great...and I don't even run sway bars on either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I'd not be hard to satisfy... I'm happy with the current ride and handling. Currently I've got 1 functional front shock and 2 rusty old rear shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears