Ahh, look what I found cleaning the garage

PHXtaco

Adventurer
The speedometer from my old `89 Toyota truck!

1210249508_csR6k-S.jpg

The memories of those many good miles :smiley_drive:
After replacing the spedo I put another 50,000+ miles on it when the right front lower A-arm clipped a rock hiding behind a clump of grass sticking up like the equivalent of an iceberg sticking out of the water. Only going 5 mph, but stopped dead cold, and the front tire was 1 ½ inches aft of where it should have been-- and the rock had not budged! Despite replacing the A-arm and having a body shop straighten the frame, it would just not hold an alignment. The 2005 Tacoma had just come out and I did not like the new style, so I picked up the 2004 I have now.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Ooh, I believe the 89 Toyota 4x4 won Peterson's 4x4 of the year!

You must have done some adventuring, or maybe I don't do enough. My '85 doesn't have anywhere close to that many miles on it.

That One Guy

Adventurer
It won Four Wheeler's Pickup Truck of The Year in '89. Don't really feel like digging through my Peterson's archives to see because I don't remember when the last issue was that they did theirs.

Attachments

• Image03082011161600.jpg
    Image03082011161600.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 14

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
You should figure out a way to frame it and hang it up in your garage. I hope my 86 is still running strong when I hit that mileage. Only 65k to go!

PHXtaco

Adventurer
I was really hoping to hit 500,000 in it, but it had seen enough washboards it had a number of rattles and fatigue cracks in the fenders (namely battery mount) that the alignment problem was the coup de grâce. As much as I liked the `89, I love the 2004 though. The biggest thing I miss about the `89 was the cup holders in front of the a/c vents that kept my Pepsi cold in the AZ summers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78