Ahh, Yes! Corbeau Comfort

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Do you re-use your stock seat belt parts?

Suty said:
They are the Sport Seats on the Corbeau website...

Suty,
How does your seatbelt work with these seats? In my Tacoma, the female part of the seat belt is bolted to the seat. Can you take a few close up shots of where the seat belt clips in now?

Cheers :beer:,
P

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
These are the cloth/vinyl ones. Those are about $300 each normally. The brackets for my truck are somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 each. So getting the pair for $300 saved somewhere in the neighborhood of $500! Good find.

Suty

Adventurer
p1michaud said:
Suty,
How does your seatbelt work with these seats? In my Tacoma, the female part of the seat belt is bolted to the seat. Can you take a few close up shots of where the seat belt clips in now?

Cheers :beer:,
P

Ah my Friend from the North...The seats have a mount on them to allow you to remove the Seat belt connector thingy from your seat and bolt it to the Corbeau's. Mind if you have a center arm rest console thingy you will need to weld them or use bolt with thin heads so you will not continually gouge and scratch your center console. I will try and post a few pic's for you tomorrow my friend. Tu Compadres, Suty

Suty

Adventurer
flyingwil said:
Looks great Ken! did you need to fab up new brackets to mount them?
Lucky for me Wil, the Brackets were included. I PM'd you awhaile back, what I was wondering was can you Clock a Smittybuilt Winch to fit in the ARB ? Tu Compadres, Suty

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Suty said:
Lucky for me Wil, the Brackets were included. I PM'd you awhaile back, what I was wondering was can you Clock a Smittybuilt Winch to fit in the ARB ? Tu Compadres, Suty

I thought I wrote you back... Yes you can clock it... in fact we had to make it fit on the Shrockworks bumper.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
flyingwil said:
I thought I wrote you back... Yes you can clock it... in fact we had to make it fit on the Shrockworks bumper.
You got a Shrockworks bumper?! :jumping: :jumping: :lurk:

Oh....on the X...nevermind....

Super Doody

Explorer
I've my corbeau leagcy or LG 1 seats for about 3 years now:

photo9.jpg

In hind sight I should've just got your model.

Here are some general commets:

Pro:

Cames with factor bracket for direct bolt.
Stylish and very supportive

Cons:
Seat belt end buckle needs to be relcoated hardward not supplied. For safety, I used grade 8 bolt nylon lock, and big washer. i dont know if it compromise the safety of belts.

You lose the back sleeve/pocket on the stock seats...which was the perfect place to store maps.

Beacuse the corbeau seat bracket are lower than the stock seats, you lose area for storage underseat such as for amps. But this could be a pro for taller people since they'll have more head room.

The fabric that come with seats are soft like felt but stronger. Its a nightmare for people dogs. Its like a velcro for dog hair.

Because the thigh holder thingys, stick out pretty good, you'll have watch how you get in and out your truck so you don't clip your goods.

You also lose the auto recline and slide forward mechanism for the passenger side...which comes in handy for extended cabs and when you want to put something back there and you only have one hand free.

The inflatable lumber suppor doesn't hold air. Better off with lumbar pillow.

Keep in mind the leagcys were the comfort seat but the padding is still a little too stiff for long drive. But these seats do hold you in place in any offroad condition. My seats were recommend for people with waist <34'' but they also have a wider verision.

Corbeau has made some improvements with their fabric.

I think the best seats are leather sport 4 runner seats but they are so hard to find.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78